Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stanly_gw

L/A Hybrid Lilies

stanly
14 years ago

I was in Walmart the other day and I bought a pkg of L/A lilies, pkg of 15 for $9.97. Put them in the Fridge for now but will have to pot them up soon. Here we go, buying early! Stan

Comments (5)

• valleyrimgirl
    14 years ago

Which varieties did they have in your package?

• stanly
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The pkg did not list the specific names of each of the lilies, just that they were a variety of L/A Hybrids which is good enough for me. On the weekend, I will pot up each of them in a 6" pot to get them growing under fluorescent lites until mid April when I take them out to the greenhouse and whenl the ground thaws, I'll plant them outside. I usually buy lilies from the lilynook in Neepawa, Manitoba and they are usually $3.oo to $5.00 each. I'll head over to Pevey Mart on Sat and pick up a bale of Pro Mix and get things planted.

• stanly
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well I potted up the L/A Hybrids into 6" pots and put them in the Greenhouse. It was a balmy 32C in there on Sunday so I had to open the doors a little to let some breeze in. I started the furnace in the Greenhouse and set it to about +3c. Last year I started the furnace in the greenhouse in April so I'm almost a month early. I also went to Walmart on Sunday morning and noticed they had some "Royal Sunset" L/A Hybrids pkg of 5 for $5.97 and even though I have these already, I bought a pkg anyway. I looked on the Lilynook website and they were $5.00 each or 3 for $13.50. It's still early and already I need help! Stan

• patsyann
    14 years ago

Hi Stan,
    How are your lilies doing now? I have the Royal Sunset as well and think they are just the loveliest, and they multiply so nicely.

• stanly
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Patsyann. All the lilies are anywhere from 8" to 12 to 14". The weather is so unbelievable right now that I am very tempted to plant them outside. Today it's +24C and it is supposed to stay like this all week. It seems like we are one month ahead of normal so I'm a little afraid of planting these outside because we could still get freezing temps at nite. My Asiatics and L/A's are just starting to poke through right now. Like you, I also bought some Royal Sunset even though I have some already but you are right, the are lovely and do multiply quickly. My daughter moved into a different house last fall so I will be sharing some of these lilies with her. Stan

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz