Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
peony

Posted by montana_rose 3 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 10, 12 at 16:16

Hello Northern Gardeners! I would appreciate any advice on some peonies I just bought. I understand that these should have been planted in the fall and that these roots are likely holdovers that didn't sell in the fall and have been held in a cooler. However, they were cheap so I decided to give them a try. I also understand that I won't get any blooms this year, but should I go ahead and pot them up and than transplant them outside after danger of frost or wait to plant them outside? Thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: peony

I also have some peony roots that I bought last fall. A little while ago, I planted them up in a pot and now, they are putting out sprouts and once it is warm enough to put them into the ground outside, after all danger of frost is over,... out they go.

I also got mine really cheap...$1 each root!!!

Brenda

o
RE: peony

Thanks very much. I am going to pot them up today!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here