Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Land annex in leduc county

Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 16:54

Konrad--- are you in the land area that the city is trying to grab. Be a shame to have to give up your place.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Land annex in leduc county

I hope Konrad responds soon.

Makes my blood boil just thinking of the possibility that land like his and likely other beautiful agricultural land, will be lost to unnecessary development.

o

I thought he was north of Edmonton

o

No He is in the Beaumont area. The city doesn't care who they step on to get what they want. By the time they say they will have hearings it's usually a done deal.They just pretend that the residents a any input. They took some of \Strathconas land including the garbage dump and then charged us $50 to bring anything there.I sure hope Leduc county can fight this.

o

No, I'm not effected, my acreage is about 12min. south of Beaumont. I'm not sure how acreage owners will handle this. Even if you fight to stay put, you'll be smothered by housing and taxes would go up that it would kill you,..pack up and move on I would think?

I liked that farmer's answer on TV when he was interviewed, he said something like this,.. the city should look into their own backyard, like build up inside the city, not always goo around and around.

I was in disbelieve when I've seen the plan of the annexed land proposal, so close to Beaumont,..not even a mile out of town!

o

We should get rid of that lot at the next city election.
Sengyan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here