Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Too soon to start glads indoors?

Posted by petunia2 z3B, AB Canada (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 29, 08 at 17:10

A while ago there was some discussion about starting glads in water or in peat pots for earlier blooming. How soon should this be done, and in each case (peat pots or water), do they need to be under grow-lights, or is normal room daylight OK?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Too soon to start glads indoors?

I did this one year. I'd gathered info on them at the bulbs forum. Some people started them in trays filled with 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water with a bit of bleach to keep the water clean from algae, (and disease?). I did mine in individual pots, and some together in a tray of soil. They grow quick, if I remember I had to plant out by the 3rd week, the ones in the tray I was becoming worried the roots would get too intertwined. Happy gardening!

o
RE: Too soon to start glads indoors?

Check the Costco thread, Laurie has some good instructions there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here