Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
planting inserts

Posted by oilpainter 3 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 23, 10 at 18:54

Does anyone order planting inserts from T+T Seeds.

My neighbor--a gardener too--and I ordered tray inserts from T+T and were very pleased with the rapid delivery and the planting inserts. They fit a standard tray.

We scrounge and sterilize and reuse what we have but some break and were always running out of them and you can't buy them in the stores. We got 25 packages of cutting inserts and 25 of tomato and pepper inserts. Each package fills 1 tray. Then we split the order so that we each had 25 packages. We figure that will carry us through a quite a few years. The cost to each of us--$45 with shipping.

The cost is a lot less if you buy a carton of 100. If you know a few gardeners in your area it would be worth while ordering and splitting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: planting inserts

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 24, 10 at 8:59

I had to look these up in the catalogue to find out exactly what you meant. I don't know where you are located. I buy these in bulk from Bradford Co-op in, you guessed it, Bradford. You have to buy in bulk, I believe they come in cases of either 50 or 100. They also sell other growing supplies, different size pots, trays, fertilizers, etc. All products can be viewed on the ITML website, they don't have their own site. Their phone number is (905) 775-3317. If you get on the ITML site, maybe do a search for a dealer closer to you. Their site is www.itml.com. Hope this helps.

o
RE: planting inserts

Co-op is a western organization. There is no such thing in Northern Ontario. Before we ordered we looked all over and couldn't find any dealer here. Yes you can buy some in Canadian tire but they want an arm and a leg for them and they are never in the sizes we use. I just thought someone else might be in our situation and didn't realize you can get them from T+T.

I'll look up that site though and see what comes of it. Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here