Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
savona_gw

Ferncliff perennials

savona
12 years ago

I have a friend that is considering ordering from them. Does anyone have any personal feedback about plants you have gotten from them? I also am going to order a Coral Sunset peony from them or Parklands, I haven't quite made up my mind which one to order from. I know some on here have ordered from Parkland perennials and are very happy with their plants.

Comments (7)

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

Hi Jean,

I have ordered most of my peonies from Parkland and Ferncliffe. I can just drive out to Parkland cause they are close to me. :) Both are the best! Huge roots and freshly dug. I highly recommend them both! :)

Ginny

PS I have well over 200 peonies in my yard and will greatly add to that count this fall from Parkland and Ferncliffe!

• savona
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for your feed back Ginny, you are such an enabler..lol...Jean

12 years ago

It's my pleasure! Lol! Please do tell what you order! :)

Ginny

• savona
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I did it!..I just ordered a Coral Sunset peony from Parkland Perennials. I might have remorse that I didn't order any other peonies but there is always next year...lol
    Jean

12 years ago

Oh dear....... I'm losing my touch! Only one? It will get lonely! :) And Bob does love to sell peonies...... Congratulations! I have Coral Sunset, Coral Supreme and Pink Hawaiian Coral from Ferncliffe. They are out by the back fence with Soulange, Highlight and Tourangelle. Coral Sunset is a beauty! Huge early, semi-double blooms of peachy pink! I'll add Coral Charm, Coral and Gold and Coral Fay to that back garden this fall.

I'm afraid my addiction is still alive and well. I ordered 36 peonies from Peonies From The Field. All ones I do not have and some I have coveted for some time. I haven't heard back from Bob yet so I guess I will have to give him another call.I have a "few" more on my Parkland wishlist. :) Good thing I have the summer to dig up the rest of the yard. I don't appear to be getting much digging done in my sleep. <:>I'll post pics Jean....if we ever get spring that is.....

Ginny

• savona
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I have many of the more common peonies and several NOID ones. I bought a small root of Coral Charm last year from Home Depot and potted it up in the green house, before I could plant it out it looked like like it had botrytis and the leaves blackened and dried so I removed them and planted it out. I have little hope it made it through the winter but would love to be proved wrong.

12 years ago

You know, peonies are funny plants. I have had plants come up 3 years after I planted them and declared them deceased. Alive and thriving! Only time will tell..... :)

I have a feeling I will have a few NOIDS myself this season. I missed my spring head count last year due to illness, rain, and family issues. I hope my memory is still good. :>

Ginny

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting