Houzz Logo Print
crazy_gardener

The Crazy Gardener's Creed

Crazy_Gardener
15 years ago

I want it.

I want it all.

I want it now.

If it will not grow in my zone or is prohibitively expensive, I want it most of all.

I am perfectly willing to forego any necessities of life such as food for my children in order to have it.

I recognize my horticultural dependency.

I recognize your horticultural dependency.

I will willingly aid and abet your dependency, as you aid and abet mine. This makes us infinitely happy.

All money saved by virtue of comparison shopping equals found money and is therefore not counted as spending.

If everyone else has it, I must have it too.

If no one else has it, I must get it first.

If I have planted everything I have already purchased, I must immediately buy more plants.

At this point, it is customary to recite your visa number from memory.

~Author unknown~

How many of you can relate to this?

Sharon

Comments (12)

• bdgardener
    15 years ago

Oh sooooooooooooo true!!!!! This describes me to a "T" I'm still flipping through catalogs, looking and comparing. Any plant that someone mentions on this site I make a note of for the must haves. I will be ripping out more grass this summer to fit my purchases so far and I have not even been to a garden centre. Cheryl

• digicam
    15 years ago

Amen to that!
    Rick

• valleyrimgirl
    15 years ago

I can relate to some of those sentences!!!!!

I absolutely will "willingly aid and abet your dependency, as you aid and abet mine". I have been known to do so (just a few times!). :) Feel free to go to the Far North Gallery and make your wish list as you look thru the alphabets. All the plants I have posted are here in my yard (unless stated otherwise).

Comparison shopping and then sharing 1/2 with a friend are a few ways of keeping the costs down when purchasing the 'must have' perennial.
    The last few years I have been planting until freezeup all the perennials I thought I needed that I bought in spring and summer.

"If everyone else has it, I must have it too."......... Some of the plants, that everyone else has, aren't necessarily plants I want in my yard, like some of the self seeding varieties.

I also know my MC number by heart.

Brenda

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    15 years ago

Absolutely NOT - what the heck do you think i am???

LOL

• Pudge 2b
    15 years ago

Author unknown??? I thought you etched it in slate and decreed it from the top of the mountain the first time you ever picked up a trowel.

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    15 years ago

Oh dear!I AM in trouble! I have only recently started to get into "real" gardening and I am already living the creed! Is there really no hope?.........well, at least I won't be lonely.

Ginny

• beegood_gw
    15 years ago

Words to live by!!!!

• savona
    15 years ago

I can relate to the creed..I just wish my pocket book could relate to it..hahaha..Jean

• prairierose
    15 years ago

I think I need to print that out, frame it with some dried flowers, and hang it above my planting sink in the basement.

Connie

• celtic_07
    15 years ago

I THINK YOU ALL MUST HAVE BEEN TALKING TO MY HD!!!!!
    I think that I'm in a pretty special class of friends. My Hd sometimes refers to my as the Perennial B. as I'm always talking ( complaining/bragging) about some plant,shrub,tree etc.,that one: must, should, could,would have and /or need,desire You all get the picture.hahaha
    Lois

• debbie_z2
    15 years ago

and I can relate to your comment Jean! LOLS
    Deb

• gladzoe
    15 years ago

Fits me to a T, the more I see the more I need, despite not having any more garden room.

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals