Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marciaz3

Box of Seeds, Part 2

As promised, here is the sequel to the saga of the Box of Seeds. And here's the list of participants so far:

Me

Newine

Heather

Ladybug

Greylady

Wendy

Shanta

Northernflower

Kathy Grower

If anyone else is interested, please post here. The list will follow in order.

As mentioned in the other thread, i'll try to get this out asap, by Monday if not sooner.

Happy gardening!

Comments (51)

• ladybug6a
    15 years ago

thank you Heather for the e-mail you send.
    It is a bit late, but "what the hay", count me in.I always know that I am a sucker for seeds.
    I wonder what happend??? Is this the same box of seeds?

Ladybug

• hmacdona1
    15 years ago

Glad you decided to join us Ladybug. Yup...same box of seeds :)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Just bringing this back to the top so people can see it's here. :)

• newine_gw
    15 years ago

Its here, its here!!!!!! at long last!!!!I dragged my husband out of his comfy easy chair to go and pick it up. Now to look over the contents and to do some research.I will try to get it back in the mail as soon as possible.The box next to Heather. newine

• hmacdona1
    15 years ago

Woo hoo!!!

• northernflwr
    15 years ago

Hi there I received an email saying I was up next woo hoo but haven't received anything yet. Please let me know when you are going to send it. Thanks very much.

• hmacdona1
    15 years ago

Northernflwr,

You must have received that email for another round robin you are participating in. The box of seeds that is circulating under this thread is being sent in the order that Marcia has listed in the top post. As far as I know, the box is just being packaged and sent to me. Then I will be sending it on to ladybug...and so on. You're a couple of people down the list before you will receive it.

Thanks...Heather

• newine_gw
    15 years ago

My husband is on his way to the post office with the box and I have to tell you folks out there that I loaded it.Multiples from my trade list, surplus from the uncommon seed exchange, extra from generous trades, donations from a seed saving neighbour. New stuff ranges from species clematis(serratifolia), native plants..silphium perfoliatum and chrysopsis villosa,asstd martagon lily seeds from a hugely generous envelope from someone who claims to have 100 "stems" in his back yard, through to dictamus albus and codonopsis.....and lots of other stuff. No tomatoes or peppers though....I am saving those for Heather's next exchange. newine

Original Author
    15 years ago

You must have really stuffed it in, Newine! I was thinking about getting a bigger box, even! LOL

• greylady_gardener
    15 years ago

woohoo!! It is getting closer!! It sounds like it is going to be so much fun going through the box. 8-)
    gg

• newine_gw
    15 years ago

Here is the tracking number 47 158 771 601
    I checked this morning and it is already in Mississauga...you can check up on it as it wends it's way across the prairies......enjoy!!!!!

• Shanta_5
    15 years ago

Hi Guys,
    Wow

It sounds like the box of seeds is getting fuller as it moving can await to receive it.
    Happy gardening.
    Shanta

Shanta

• hmacdona1
    15 years ago

Hi everybody,

Ladybug emailed me to advise that she no longer wishes to participate. As soon as I get the box and sort through it, I will be sending it along to greylady-gardener.

Thanks....Heather

• greylady_gardener
    15 years ago

What?? Me next??!!(after Heather:)) woohoo!!

• hmacdona1
    15 years ago

I'm getting anxious, so I checked the tracking status online. It's been sitting in Mississauga for 5 days now. I'm guessing the tracking function at CP is useless. Can't be in the same processing depot for 5 days right?

• north53 Z2b MB
    15 years ago

Yes, as said, it's been my experience that the tracking function is pretty much useless. I've had parcels already delivered to me, that according to the tracker number were still sitting in limbo somewhere.

• hmacdona1
    15 years ago

The box of seeds arrived this afternoon. I will be taking it to the post office tonight and sending it off to Lois (greylady-gardener).

Lots and lots of seeds in that box :)

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    15 years ago

Got lucky. I had an appointment cancel this afternoon so I had a few minutes to drive over to the post office. It will be in the 5:00pm truck pickup.

For what it's worth, here's the tracking number 0592 3900 0047 1105.

Thanks....Heather

• greylady_gardener
    15 years ago

WOOHOO!!!!
    Anxiously waiting! 8-)
    (not sure how to use the tracking number)

Lois

• hmacdona1
    15 years ago

To get a status update, just go to this canada post link and enter the tracking number.

https://em.canadapost.ca/emo/basicPin.do

Don't hold your breath though..they don't update it very often :) You could try to sign up for email updates as well, but that's never worked for me.

• bdgardener
    15 years ago

Is it too late to get in on this? Sounds like I'm missing out on some great stuff. Let me know. Thanks Cheryl

• hmacdona1
    15 years ago

Hi Cheryl,

Glad you decided to join in our little "box of seeds" adventure.

The idea is this box should keep circulating, so by all means, come join in the fun. You'll just need to email your mailing address to Kathy Grower.

Here's the updated list of participants on the waiting list for the box:

Greylady
    Wendy
    Shanta
    Northernflower
    Kathy Grower
    Bdgardener

Thanks....Heather

• bdgardener
    15 years ago

Hey Kathy, I don't see that you have your email contact info on your members page. Could you attach it, or contact me on mine as I'm following you on the box of seeds. Thanks Cheryl

• hmacdona1
    15 years ago

Bdgardener,

If you go to Kathy Growers member page and select the "see my journal" link you'll be able to send her an email.

For some reason gardenweb sometimes hides email address links under the journal section of the member page.

Thanks...Heather

• greylady_gardener
    15 years ago

Well I see what Heather means about the PO and the tracking!! When I checked it just now it said that the item has been accepted at the PO on the 20th at 14:27.
    Hmmmmm.... I wonder if it is still there!! 8-) I doubt it.
    It will be interesting to see if it arrives before it is 'updated' again.
    gg

• greylady_gardener
    15 years ago

WOW!! I just checked up to see where the box was this morning (yes I know I am anxious 8-)), and it says it is 'out for delivery' in London, so I 'should' receive it today. I have to be out this am and I work this afternoon, and I have plans for tomorrow--but I will definitely be going through whenever I have a minute. I will have it back to the PO by Monday.
    gg

• greylady_gardener
    15 years ago

That is truly amazing! I usually wait about seven days for mail from out west. I ended up not working today after all. The box was on my porch this afternoon about 2:30....not sure how long it had been sitting there. Good job it is a beautiful day with sun and temps in the 20's.
    I have gone through some and will finish off tonight. Since it got here so fast, I wasn't ready with the seeds that I am going to put in. I will pack it up over the weekend and send it off to Wendy on Monday.
    gg

• greylady_gardener
    14 years ago

I am sorry, the box did not go out yesterday, but it is off this morning, to Wendy. Since it is a day later than I wanted, I sent it overnight delivery,......not sure if it will be there tomorrow, but it is supposed to be.
    the tracking number is: 0408 7190 0036 4651.
    Lots of seeds!! Have fun!!
    gg

• willow_2007
    14 years ago

Thank-you GG
    I look forward to receiving the box of seeds.
    wendy

• Shanta_5
    14 years ago

Wow

I am next on the list for the box of seeds can wait looking forward to to receive it.

Shanta

• greylady_gardener
    14 years ago

I am very impressed with Canada post!! 8-), I see the box was delivered in less than 24 hours!

• Shanta_5
    14 years ago

Hi,
    I am Anxiously waiting for the box of seeds this week will let you know when receive thanks.

Happy gardening

Shanta

• Shanta_5
    14 years ago

Hello,

Wow I received the box of seeds there is alots packages of seeds in the BOX. Now waiting for the address so I can mail it to the next on the list.

Thanks again

Shanta

• Shanta_5
    14 years ago

Hi Guys,

Just wondering who is the next person on the list for the Box of seeds,Please send me an email so I can get your address and mail that box of seeds out. I send an email to Northernflower while now no answer as yet.

Shanta

• Shanta_5
    14 years ago

Hello Notherernflower,

I mail out the box of seeds today here is tracking #

0056 2860 0036 9982
    Box have lot of seeds in it have fun and enjoy.
    Thank you.

Shanta

• hmacdona1
    14 years ago

Has anybody heard from northernflwr? The tracking records indicate she received it on May 12th, but I see no communication since then.

I am watching this thread, because some of the individuals participating in this are also participating in my tomato seed round robin.

Original Author
    14 years ago

There's been nothing from Kathy or bgardener either, so i don't know if the box has gone to them or not. I hope they post and let us know if the box has gone its full route this year.

• hmacdona1
    14 years ago

I received an email from northernflwr last night. She was away and as of last night, was having trouble signing into gardenweb to post an update. She has received the box, will be going through it today and will be mailing it on to Kathy_h_grower by the end of this week.

Thanks...Heather

Original Author
    14 years ago

Good to hear, Heather. Thanks for posting!

• hmacdona1
    14 years ago

Just bumping this up to the first page.

Original Author
    14 years ago

Guess we're looking for an update from Kathy or northernflwr to see the status of the box right now. :)

• valleyrimgirl
    14 years ago

This is an update from Kathy...

She can't get logged into the "Gardenweb" site for some reason? Why she does not know.

As of this afternoon she had not received the box yet but hope it is here either today or tomorrow. She also seems to have misplaced bdgardener's (Cheryl) address and asks if she could please send it to her again.

Brenda

• hmacdona1
    14 years ago

HI everyone,

Northernflwr emailed me to confirm the box was definitely sent on May 23rd and according to the tracking, Kathy would have received it on May 29th. Here's the tracking number for reference 0101360000719783.

I would expect this has been mailed on to bdgardener by now, but has anybody received an update from Kathy?

Just wanting to keep you in the loop on where the box is.

Thanks...Heather

Original Author
    14 years ago

We're gonna keep a close eye on it this year! LOL

• bdgardener
    14 years ago

As of friday june 5th, nothing here. will post when it arrives. Cheryl

• kathy_h_grower
    14 years ago

Hi Cheryl
    Sorry, I haven't been online for the last while.
    I mailed the box out last week and it was supposed to be there by Thursday.
    Have you recieved it yet?
    The tracking number is LT 450 202 837 CA
    It was mailed out on the 2nd.
    Kathy

• bdgardener
    14 years ago

The box arrived today. If there is anyone who would like it sent on, please email me or post an update. I will be away alot this summer so if there is anyone who would like it back let me know and i will pass it on. thanks again Cheryl

Original Author
    14 years ago

Cheryl, unless there's anyone else who wants it, you can keep the box and get the project started again in the fall, or you can send it to me and i'll do it. Email me and let me know, okay? I'll send you my address.

• bdgardener
    14 years ago

Hi all, I will hang on to the box until I hear from anyone or until next fall. I have a tonne of seeds I can collect all summer and we live on 100 acres of native prairie so if anyone is looking for native flower seeds I can include them as well. Drop me an email if anyone needs the box. And have fun gardening this summer. Cheryl

Original Author
    14 years ago

Sounds good! Just don't disappear like Caleb! LOL Thanks for keeping it, Cheryl. After this summer, we may have to get a bigger box!

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor