Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
explorer_mb

Hardiest Daylilies for the North?

explorer_mb
15 years ago

Hi all,

I'm new to this site, but was wondering if people could list the daylilies that they grow and are the hardiest?

Along with their own observations as to scapes, branching, number of blooms as well as increase.

I'm interested in all daylilies grown to zone 3, and how you keep them alive, lol. Mulching ect.

Even your most tender daylilies and how you 'baby' them would be helpful..

I'm most interested in spider varieties and ufo's but do love them all.

I've got bitten by the 'hemerocallis bug' and would love to find out what you all know. :-)

Hope to hear from you all soon,

Rob

Comments (38)

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

Rob, most Spiders are dormants so those will be pretty safe and the hardiest to choose from for Z3 since their foliage is deciduous, new growth appears each spring.
    Also choose early to mid season types to be on the safe side and stay away from tissue cultured daylilies ;)

Although cold hardiness is not determined by the foliage habit. Evergreen, dormant, and semi-evergreen can be anything from extremely cold-hardy to extremely tender. To avoid risk of losing a cultivar, buy daylilies from growers that have a similar zone or close to climate zone.

American Hemerocallis Society (AHS).
    Habit
    The winter behavior of the daylily foliage is called "the foliage habit." For registration purposes, the foliage habit is loosely categorized as dormant, evergreen, and semi-evergreen.

Dormant. The leaves of these daylilies die completely back as winter approaches. They stop growing and form resting buds at the crown, and the foliage dies down naturally and gradually. In the spring, the resting buds have a distinctive spear-like appearance as they emerge.
    Evergreen. These daylilies retain their leaves throughout the year. They do not form resting buds. Instead, they continually produce new leaves unless cold weather prevents growth. In mild climates, the leaves of evergreens remain green all winter. In the coldest climates, the foliage of evergreens nearly always is frozen back, but the crown survives if it is hardy (or well mulched).

Semi-Evergreen. Today, the term semi-evergreen is used to describe any foliage behavior which is not readily classed as simple evergreen or dormant. Originally, the term semi-evergreen (or conversely, semi-dormant) was used to describe those daylilies which retained many of its leaves and appeared somewhat evergreen when grown in the South, but lost all its leaves and went dormant when grown in the North.

Jersey Spider and Orchid Corsage are two favourite spiders that are very prolific and hardy.

The best time to plant daylilies in our zone is early spring, this will give them a whole season to grow strong healthy roots before winter sets in.
    Any new daylily or seedling I will cover with loose dry straw at freeze up time for its first winter.

You might be interested in joining the DaylilyCanada Yahoo group, lots of growers and those who have been bitten by the 'hemerocallis bug' as you have.

Have fun!
    Sharon

Here is a link that might be useful: How do I care for my daylilies?

• explorer_mb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Sharon,
    Alot of useful info there.
    I will look at the DaylilyCanada Yahoo group.
    Happy gardening!

Rob

• xtreme_gardener
    15 years ago

Hi Rob, I couldn't help but butt in and say hello as fellow Zone 1ber :)

I also got bit by the bug and planted a few varieties of daylilies last spring from the late Cedar Ridge gardens (now called Rural Roots). It will be interesting to see what comes up as I never mulched anything extra for winter. We'll have to bring this up and compare notes in the future :)
    I took Sharons advice and ordered mainly Early to Mid varieties. All but one are Dormant.
    Let us know what you decide to plant :)

• explorer_mb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi xtreme gardener,
    Nice to meet you too.
    I'm curious, which varieties did you plant last year?
    My list of plants that I've ordered is on the other thread on daylilies. Alot of them are spiders or unusual forms and most are dormant. I've also got a alot of seed coming this week to start too. I'm not sure if they'll all be hardy, probably not, but at least I gave it a try.
    Some of those daylilies are just so beautiful it's hard to resist. I was shocked too at the size of some of the flowers. It's one thing to see the flower in the picture without any perspective,but when I saw a couple with the photographer's hand holding up the scape it literally shocked me. That flower had to be almost a foot long.
    I'm sure they won't be quite as big way up here, but I'd love it if it was half as large.
    Anyways, it'll be fun to see what happens.
    Keep me updated.

bye for now,
    Rob

• xtreme_gardener
    15 years ago

Nice picks, Rob. Especially the spiders...makes me want to order all over again :) Cerulean star is georgous.

This is what I planted last spring:

English Cameo
    Mauna Loa
    Palamino
    Ptarmigan
    Red Magic
    Silken Touch
    Siloam Plum Tree
    Tarantula
    Trahlyta

Some of them bloomed the firt year as well :)

• Happy2BeeME
    15 years ago

http://www.daylilygarden.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: lillies

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

Rob, I have a few of the daylilies you've ordered. Here's a list of the daylilies I have that have survived at least one winter for me. I know I list myself as a zone 3 in my user name, but technically, (and I hate to admit it!LOL) I'm zone 2b.

Asian Artistry
    Autumn Red - very hardy
    Barbara Mitchell
    Beautiful Edgings
    Ben Arthur Davis
    Blueberry Muffin
    Buttercup Parade
    Canadian Border Patrol
    Chorus Line
    Destined to See
    Double Cutie
    DumortierÂs species -very hardy and vigorous
    Eggplant Escapade
    EternityÂs Shadow
    Family Jewels
    First Knight
    Forty Second Street
    Frans Hals
    George Caleb Bingham
    Gilded Knight
    Ice Carnival
    JanÂs Twister - this ufo has 12" flowers!
    Joan Senior
    Jersey Spider
    Kindly Light-forms a nice clump quickly
    Lake Norman Spider -very hardy
    Malaysian Monarch
    Mary Reed
    Matt -very hardy and vigorous
    Morocco Red
    No Regrets
    Open Hearth -very hardy and vigorous
    Prairie Blossoms
    Parade of Peacocks
    Royal Braid
    Red Ribbons
    Siloam Dream Baby
    Siloam Ethel Smith
    Spacecoast Starburst
    Spiderman
    Startle
    Stella
    Strutters Ball
    Summer Wine
    Thunder and Lightening
    Too Marvelous
    Very Berry Ice
    Wilson Spider
    Zen Meditation

I don't mulch any of my daylilies, and most of them do make it through the winter. There are a few more that I haven't seen any signs of green on them yet, but I haven't listed them.

Laurie

• explorer_mb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow! Thanks all, you just made my day!!

xtreme gardener, I know some of these daylilies, the rest I'll be looking up on Google.
    I'm so happpy to hear that some of them bloomed the first year. I was thinking I'd not see any blooms at all this summer. I'd love to see some pics this summer of your blooms. Thanks again for responding, it helps get me up for the challenge this spring. Let me know how they all do!

happy2beeme, thanks for the link. I haven't been able to go through it all yet, but it really is interesting. thanks again.

Laurie, yes I know what you mean by hating to admit to your zone, lol, I do hate my Zone 1B with a passion.
    That's why I prefer the USDA Zone 2/3. Makes me feel alittle warmer. lol Some sweet day I'm gonna be in Zone 7/8 (an island off the coast of BC). And that's a promise.
    Unless I win the Super 7 lotto tomorrow ($15 Million), then it would be buying an island down in French Polynesia, I was there once, why did I come back? An island right next to Bora Bora would be fine. Thankyou very much. ;-)
    I was so glad to get your list of daylilies that have survived for you and especially the ones that are very hardy and vigorous. That's what I wanted to hear.
    I don't have a very large yard, but I think it might have to get abit larger, one way or the other. lol
    Let me know of the others you've bought but haven't come up yet, I'd still like to find out if they've made it.

Anyway, thankyou all for your help. I really appreciate it.
    Soon we'll be trading daylily fans and seed. I'm sure of it.

Bye for now,
    Rob

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    15 years ago

Can we come and visit you on your island? We'll bring daylilies! :>

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

LOL!....Yup, I'm lovin' the island idea!

Sure, Rob, I'll let you know which ones I know for sure have or haven't made it. Right now, I have my doubts about 'Betty Winkler' being alive, and 'Spider Miracle' is looking very mushy at the moment, but I'll give it a couple more weeks. Maybe they know something that the other daylilies don't? 'Fire and Fog' I can't remember now if I saw green in it or not, and there a few more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

• explorer_mb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all,

Well unless I win the $20 Million tonight on Super 7 (Doubtful),, the 'island' is gonna be an 'island bed of daylilies and perennials' here in zone 1B...

I was hoping for more responses on the types of daylilies everyone is growing, and which ones were the most vigorous and hardy...

I really have to thank Xtreme gardener and Laurie, because your info has helped alot...

Please... if everyone could just let me know what grows for them, it would help me in choosing my next round of plants next season.. :-)

Thanks all,,
    Rob

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

You're very welcome Rob. Here's a bit of an update.
    'Spider Miracle' has new growth coming, yeah! Also, 'Fire and Fog' is alive, as well as 'Xia Xiang'. There's still no green on 'Betty Winkler', but Brenda says that hers has made it through the winter. I also had thought I'd seen some green on 'No Regrets', but it's not there anymore.:( Darn weather!!

• explorer_mb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

HI Laurie,

I hope they all make it through for you,, That's good news.
    I know this weather is pretty brutal...it's May and I should be turning off the furnace for the summer...
    I've been checking on some clumps of dl's that I pulled out my parent's garden in the fall of '06 before they moved into an apt..they were just set into a shady area in Oct of 06 and mounded up with soil,, waiting 'til I redid my own perennial garden (this summer), they grew last summer although they didn't bloom much,,in the shade, but they are coming back already. I think they're a Chicago variety with dark reds and one with golds,, I planted them there when I was still at home back in the 80's,, a small pencil thin fan of each from T&T Seeds I think..
    Glad to see they made it once again,, lol

Rob

• sazzyrose
    15 years ago

Hi Rob, and welcome to the group.

I am really quite new to daylilies as well. The following have been growing in my gardens for several years and all have increased quite well.
    Eenie Allegro
    Happy Returns
    Little Graplette
    Pardon Me
    Sammy Russell
    Stella De'Oro
    Strawberry Candy.

Last year I planted a few and all are sending up new growth this spring. YAAA. The new ones from last year are:

Always Afternoon *
    Anna Warner *
    Anthony Mullins *
    Baja -planted late summer
    Barbara Mitchell
    Blueberry Cream *
    Blueberry Sundae
    Charles Johnston *
    Cherry Cheeks *
    Cherry Valentine
    Chicago Picotee Lace -planted late summer
    Childrens Festival *
    Cool It *
    Creative Edge
    Dan Mahony *
    Daring Dilemma *
    Designer Jeans *
    Destined to See -tops were mushy this spring but are growing now
    Dominic -planted late summer
    Elderberry Candy
    Flava *
    Fooled Me *
    Forgotten Dreams *
    Fulva *
    George Caleb Bingham *
    Helter Skelter *
    Ice Carnival *
    Indian Giver *
    Magic Fingers- my largest increaser last year.
    Mary Reed
    Moonlit Caress
    Moonlit Masquerade *
    Moorea -planted late summer
    Newberry Festival
    Night Beacon *
    Orchid Corsage *
    PandoraÂs Box
    Pink Super Spider *
    Prairie Blue Eyes
    Real Wind *
    Red Volunteer *
    Roswitha *
    Ruby Spider *
    Sabine Baur *
    Scarlet Tanager -planted late summer
    Spacecoast Gator Eye-tops were mushy this spring but it is growing now
    Starmans Quest
    Startle*
    Strawberry Fields Forever*
    Strutters Ball- planted late summer
    Summer Wine
    Swirling Water- planted late summer
    Trahlyta *
    Wild Horses
    Wineberry Candy *

The ones with *'s bloomed last summmer. Startle and Sabine Baur had ugly blooms. I hope they just need time to settle in to bloom nice.
    I do not mulch my plants. That would be way too much work.
    This year I will be able to judge on how agressive they are.

Shelley

• explorer_mb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Shelley,

Nice to meet you, although I feel as though I know alot of you already by reading through all of these threads...

Thanks for responding to the thread and may I say "WOW"!
    That is alittle more than a 'few' that you added last summer... it reminds me of my 'small list' on the other thread that I've ordered for this spring...and I'm considering a last minute order to Coral at Nova Scotia Daylilies next week...just a 'few' more.lol

I was like you, I had a few clumps of Stella's, Lemon lilies (Citrina I think), and a few others, but this winter I was bitten by the dl bug and ordered awhole lot.
    (66 at last count not to mention the 'seeds') I see alot of the same varieties that you planted last year.

I'm amazed so many bloomed for you the first season...that is something to look forward to, I was thinking I wouldn't see many flowers at all this summer. Thanks for the info, keep me updated on which ones you think are most hardy and vigorous so I can put it on my list for next year. lol

Thanks again,
    Rob

• valleyrimgirl
    15 years ago

Rob,

I have been growing daylilies for a few years now also... I mulched in the past with wood chips but now since I have a semi load of flax shives, I mulch all my new beds with that and am redoing all existing beds slowly with it also.

Here are some of the daylilies I have that have overwintered at least one winter in my yard, some have bloomed and some not. I did not include those that were new to the yard or that I have not checked yet this spring...

Abby Dore Court
    Alaqua
    Always Afternoon
    Avante Garde
    Awesome Blossom
    Bandit Man
    Barbara Mitchell
    Bela Lugosi
    Betty Winkler, new last year and made it through the winter
    Big Smile
    Black Eyed Stella
    Black Prince
    Blueberry Candy
    Blueberry Muffin
    Bonanza
    Breathless Beauty
    Catherine Woodbery
    Celestial City
    Chicago Apache
    Chicago Ruby
    Chicago Star
    Children's Festival
    Cool It
    Cream Drop
    Custard Candy
    Dark Star
    Datebook
    Destined to See
    Double Cutie
    Dumortierii
    Eenie Fanfare
    Eenie Weenie
    Exotic Echo
    Family Jewels
    Fatal Impact
    First Knight
    Flava Major
    Frans Hals
    Gentle Shephard
    George Caleb Bingham
    Grandma Jean
    Grape Velvet
    Gretchen My Darling
    Hall's Pink
    Highland Lord
    Houdini
    Hyperion
    Jungle Princess
    Just Watch
    Kindly Light
    Little Bumblebee
    Little Grapette
    Little Jack
    Little Missy
    Little Winecup
    Lusty Lealand
    Luxury Lace
    Mae Graham
    Maria Tillsbury
    Mary Reed
    Mauna Loa
    Milk Chocolate
    Night Beacon
    Nile Crane
    Obsidian
    Open Hearth
    Pandora's Box
    Pastel Classic
    Pixie Parasol
    Popeye
    Potentate
    Prague Spring
    Prairie Belle
    Prairie Blue Eyes
    Purple Bi-Color
    Purple Heather
    Purple Waters
    Radiation Biohazard
    Raspberry Pixie
    Red Magic
    Red Ribbons
    Romantic Rose
    Royal Braid
    Salieri
    Sammy Russell
    Second Thoughts
    Shango
    Silent Sentry
    all Siloams
    Spacecoast Gator Eye
    Startle
    Stella d'Oro
    Strawberry Candy
    Summer Wine
    Super Purple
    Sweet Hot Chocolate
    Vanilla Fluff
    Watermelon Man
    Wine Delight
    You Angel You

Most of these daylilies are in the daylily subalbum in my photobucket account, the link is...

http://valleyrimgirl.thenewtonfamily.ca/

Enjoy!

Brenda

• explorer_mb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Brenda,,

WOW, another great list,, thanks so much for the info...
    Great to see all those daylilies and hope they do well for you..please keep me updated on hardiness and how vigorous they are.
    Thanks
    Rob

• xtreme_gardener
    15 years ago

Hi Rob, things are pretty cool and wet around here still, so I'm not in a hurry to count any out yet. But it looks like Little Grappette, Red Magic and Mauna Loa are alive.

I'll update in another week or two and hopefully by then the others will be putting out some growth :)

• explorer_mb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi xtreme gardener,

Nice to hear from you again...
    Things are pretty cool and dry here...
    The snow melted quickly and there wasn't alot of moisture in it at all...parts of my yard are usually quite wet 'til the middle of May, but it was quite dry in April this year.
    We are having below normal temps though... our norms are highs of plus 14 and lows of plus 1, but we're struggling to get to 10 and have had lows of minus 6 lately.
    I've placed another order of spider and unusual form daylilies, this time from Nova Scotia Daylilies.
    I think that makes at least 80 different varieties coming this late May and early June...
    I've given up on the idea that you 'need' to have at least 5 of the same plant to have a 'drift' of the same colour.
    At least in daylily terms....I know I can't own em all...
    I've read that there is over 13,000 different daylily cultivars registered and I'd like to get alot of 'em!
    I've really purchased alot of daylily seed too, and can't wait to see what the outcome will be...

Thanks for the update and hope to hear from you again soon.

• valleyrimgirl
    15 years ago

I also have about 80 new ones coming this year...maybe in a few years we should just have a Far North exchange instead of ordering (and paying $)???

Sharon, you also have a lot of daylilies. Shelley, don't you also?? I know Laurie does 'cause we often order together... but I am not sure how many kinds you have, Laurie. Extreme Gardener...how is your collection? Anyone else interested??

Brenda

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

Brenda, once all my daylily orders come in, I'll be at around 100 named varieties, plus the 50 or so seedlings I've got. Doing some trading in the future between all of us would be a good idea. The only problem is, that after seeing the daylily pictures that people post, I often "need" to have that one right away!LOL I know, I know, must show more restraint!

• xtreme_gardener
    15 years ago

Brenda, I only have the nine varieties I ordered last year plus the unknown yellow one I've had for a few years and received from a friend. I'm still in the experimental stage :) I think your idea of an exchange is a great idea though. Anything to stretch the garden budget!!!

While we're talking about it, if I could sneek in an aside...how do you send roots and bulbs when exchanging via mail? Do you just dig and send them as soon as possible or do you have to let them go dormant? Moist or dry?

Rob, keep your chin up...this coming week looks alot warmer around here, so hopefully it will reach your way, too :)

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

To ship daylilies, I dig them that day, wash off the roots and let them dry off completely. Cut the leaves down to about 6"-7" and wrap in dry newspaper. When you receive them, soak the roots in water for an hour or two before planting them to rehydrate them.

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

Of course, of course Brenda, but it takes at least 3-4 years for daylilies to be divided. I'm like Laurie, I usually will order a cultivar that I have seen in the gallery before I search out for a trade. LOL!

Sharon

• sazzyrose
    15 years ago

I'm in.

Shelley

• explorer_mb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all,

I think Brenda has a great idea and maybe in 3 or 4 years like Sharon mentions, if any of my daylilies survive, I'd be willing to join the 'Northern Daylily Swap'. :-)

I'm ordering these from Coral at Nova Scotia Daylilies (Last order for sure):

Aquamarine $10
    Curly Brick Road $20
    Eggplant Escapade $15
    Guinea Jubilee $12
    Judge Roy Bean $12
    Kirsten's Corsage $20
    Prissy Frills $12
    Purple Arachne $10
    Red Ribbons $8
    Rocket Booster $20
    Rosy Lights $15
    Tropical Depression $20
    Watchyl Christmas Spider $15
    Willie Belle $15

Well, that for sure is the last order of daylilies from online,, can't promise I won't see a few more in pots in a nursery somewhere, lol.

I was wondering Sharon if you could post a pic or two of the areas you use straw as your mulch, I'd like to see how that looks...

and Brenda...wow, your pics on photobucket...blow me away...your property and gardens look amazing...I'm in awe!

Rob

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

Rob, I have tons of photos in my Photobucket, just click on my name and it will lead you to the link.

Sharon

• explorer_mb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Sharon,

Wow, I don't how you all do it! Those pics are just gorgeous!
    I haven't had time to view all of the pics yet, but it gives me alot of inspiration to get my butt in gear and get it done...

I just wish I had more room to 'have it all' lol.
    BTW, just got the last of my dl seeds today and they're nice and plump and won't have to rehydrate at all...
    Going to plant half of them tomorrow and the other half next Nov...

Bye for now,
    Rob

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

Thanks Rob! Get yourself a dig camera and join us in the Far North Gallery, I would love to see your garden(s) too, as well as all your future daylily seedlings.

This time of year is soooo exciting!

Sharon

• xtreme_gardener
    15 years ago

Thanks Laurie. Sounds easy enough :)

• xtreme_gardener
    15 years ago

Rob, looks like its 9 for 9 :) Tarantula isn't poking up yet, but I dug around and found it sprouting about an inch or two down under.

English Cameo
    Mauna Loa
    Palamino
    Ptarmigan
    Red Magic
    Silken Touch
    Siloam Plum Tree
    Tarantula
    Trahlyta

• explorer_mb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That's great!
    Nice to hear, I'll have to get them on my list if I have room for them next year.
    I just received my order from Coral at Nova Scotia Daylilies so have to get the garden ready for them.
    Take a pic and post it here when they bloom ok?

Rob

• cnid
    15 years ago

So, Rob, how did the great daylily expansion go?

• explorer_mb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi cnid...

Sorry for not responding as quickly as I should have...but haven't been here for quite awhile...

Well the great daylily expansion didn't quite go as planned.... but hopefully next year they'll find their righful homes...they're all in the ground for this winter and I do hope they all make it through this horrible wicked winter...

Thanks for asking...
    Rob

• xtreme_gardener
    15 years ago

Rob,
    Been meaning to get back to you re: which of my daylillies came through this past summer. I didn't seem to photograph any, not sure why :(
    English Cameo-came up but no bloom
    Mauna Loa-came up but no bloom this year, just the season before when I planted it.
    Palamino-came up, but I can't remember if it bloomed or not
    Ptarmigan-same as Mauna Loa
    Red Magic-pathetic little bloom
    Silken Touch-came up but no bloom
    Siloam Plum Tree-bloomed ok
    Tarantula-I think it came back but no bloom
    Trahlyta-a couple weak blooms

So, they all survived but only a couple of them seem to be coming along, Trahlyta and Little Plum.

They all but Red magic get full sun pretty much all day and good drainage, so I'm not sure where they might do any better. I have some big rocks I've got to place in the beds, so I'll try puting them near the daylilies and maybe that will give them a boost as far as temperature goes.
    It's possible they're getting too much fertilizer as the beds are only a couple years old and I mixed a fair amount of composted manure in them. Only thing is they didn't really put out much greenery either. So, we'll see this coming season...

• explorer_mb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi xtreme gardener,

Glad to hear from you again... I mentioned your message to a 'spider robin' friend of mine in Michigan after he actually realized how wickedly cold it is here and he said it is pretty normal for alot of dl's to do exactly what they've done for you...he's said he moved daylilies from a friend's which is in the same zone and they did the same thing... the first summer they bloomed abit... the second summer they didn't do anything... and the third summer they took off... I guess they don't really like to be moved and sulk for awhile...

You did mention that they didn't put up much greenery either...you may not see extra fans happening until year three I guess.. I'm hoping they will take off for you next year... he said "First year no... Second year slow...Third year Go..." so hang in there and I hope to hear you get alot of great blooms next season....

Talk to you again soon...
    Rob

• xtreme_gardener
    15 years ago

Well, that's very encouraging, Rob. Thanks for that :) I guess it threw me off when a few of them bloomed the first year but not the second, and it seemed like they were going backwards. Great, so I'll look forward to watching them this spring.

• explorer_mb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi all...

Hope this spring is getting warmer for all of you...

A shout out to xtreme gardener... how are your daylilies doing? Hope they're all coming up!

I just wanted to mention that all of the cv's I'd purchased last spring have come back, even though they were still in pots buried up to their rims in the ground... and at least 80% of my seedlings have come back too,(170 of them) even though they were only actually planted in the ground in Oct... I covered them all with some used carpet underlay as a mulch, I had from my neighbour that fit perfectly... we had the worst case senario last winter... very little snow and very below normal weather in Dec.. it was Dec. the 4th and only a couple of inches of snow, when the temp dropped to minus 34 Deg Celcius... I think most of those seedlings were saved by that quarter inch of carpet underlay.. lol... now I'm afraid to NOT use it everywhere...lol...anyway... I've got close to 800 seedlings this year that I have to build a new bed for...and another 75 or so new cv's to add to the list...not saying that the ones that made it through will be hardy forever or everywhere, but at least they are all still alive.. lol... :-)

Happy gardening,
    Rob

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA