Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
weeper_11

Red, Yellow, Black raspberries

weeper_11
12 years ago

There is an older fellow in my church who is moving into town off his farm and wanted to give away a bunch of his raspberries. They are just sprouting right now, so I went and dug a bunch up.

He didn't know what the varieties are, but I'm guessing Boyne for the red ones, because of how common they are and the ones I got fruit on second year wood, like Boyne. He also gave me a few canes that had been given to him of a thornless red raspberry. Not sure what that would be, I haven't looked into it yet. I have no idea what variety the yellow type will be. I thought they were only borderline hardy in 2b, but he said he has had no trouble with them and he never covers them. Then I got one black raspberry shrub which I also have no idea what variety it is...I think he said it has thorns like razors on it though.

I hope they all survive! I'm excited, this is the first fruiting plants I've planted in our yard; up until now it has just been flowers!

Too bad I'll have to wait until next year for fruit for the red and yellow berries(I just got suckers, no older canes)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES