Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tromboncino Zucchini trial fail

Posted by CLBlakey 2b (My Page) on
Sat, May 18, 13 at 0:25

I planted 9 tromboncino seeds 4 sprouted about a week ago. Today was their first day outside it was nice and no wind, all 4 died. Funeral will be held in the morning. Maybe next year. :(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tromboncino Zucchini trial fail

Lol! I haven't put my cucs out yet....or my tomatoes.....or my squash. I'm scared I'm going to be overrun with vegies this year. :)

How's the weather up there?

Ginny

o

I'm planting my garden this week end. Even potatoes haven't gone in yet. Also have to do something with the tomatoes.

o

I have been putting my plants outside each day for the sun except on windy days. It has been very nice and sunny but last week was windy. Forecast is for 60 % chance rain this coming week we rarely get rain. It would be nice to get some free water though.

Tromboncino Eulogy

Little plant bright and green
first Tromboncino I have ever seen
much water you did need
to make you sprout from a little seed

Outside I put you for a day
so in the sun with friends could sway
Who could know this fateful day
would be the one to end your way.

Next year I'll try again
and maybe then it'll end my pain
hoping from David's trials we'll gain
trusty knowledge to keep us sane.

So good-bye little plant
this ends my chant.

This post was edited by CLBlakey on Sat, May 18, 13 at 10:47

o

Lol! That is cute, Cindy. The trials and tribulations of gardening! On the right side, it could have been an $80 peony! :)

Ginny

o

Lost that too!! (the 10 year old one from my dad) or at least it has not come up yet.

o

LOL Cute!!

Most of my peonies haven't shown up yet either, except for little "Mollis", which is always very early. Patience!

o

Cindy, what is the peony you are waiting for?

Ginny

o

a pink fluffy one I got from my dad I never know the real names. I have one that is slightly darker showing signs of life but the big one nada. I won't bug him yet maybe he is still sleeping.

o

It could be the very common Sara Bernhardt, in which case, she likes to sleep in! I have 3 or 4 of Her Majesty and I don't think any have roused yet. :) Maybe I should pour a cup of coffee on her.....lol

Ginny

o

I have taken her off coffee but did give her a drink today.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here