Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazy_gardener

Being Busy

Crazy_Gardener
14 years ago

BEING BUSY SDB Iris - blooming today.

Pretty well sums it up what I've been up to lately, hope everyone is enjoying the weather, just wish it would rain in my neck of the woods.

Sharon

Comments (8)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    14 years ago

Beautiful! I thought it meant you were "being busy"! LOL Want some of the rain from here? We've had enough! :) Of course, that means you'll have to take the cold temperatures with it....

• marricgardens
    14 years ago

Sharon - that's a beautiful iris. Both mine are flowering but the flowers were affected by the late frosts we had. Marciaz3 - we're getting the rain to but the temps are still around 20C.
    Maybe I'll go to the nursery and buy some plants since I can't do anything outside. Marg

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh I'm busy Marcia ;) At least I got all the trees that I ordered planted. Only thing now is that I have to lug around this 200' waterhose to water them! Bad year to plant trees!

I will take the cold temps if that's what it takes to get some moisture around here. Due to extreme dry weather conditions we have a fire burning ban right now ;(

Sharon

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    14 years ago

Do you have a pond anywhere on the acreage, Sharon? Can you dig one? We use our ponds for watering. I was just thinking it might shorten your hose-hauling!

• northspruce
    14 years ago

OMG I can't believe you have blooms already - my tulips have just started. We are at least a month behind here due to the freezing cold spring. Plenty of rain though, you can take some of ours.

• savona
    14 years ago

It is lovely.I was pretty excited when roaming the garden today with one of my daughters in law I seen buds on 2 clumps of iris. This deserved a happy face and happy dance combined. I have no idea what these iris are, sierra gifted me with them and I believe they were from a garden she was working on and they didnt come with a name...Jean
    {{gwi:743817}}
    {{gwi:743818}}

• valleyrimgirl
    14 years ago

Sharon, I have a suggestion for you...you should buy yourself a mini watertank. We have one that (when empty) I can lift into a trailer. After I put as much water in it as I need, I use the quad to pull the trailer up and down the rows I need to water. I transplanted 2 new 75' rows of Maxim strawberries and another row of raspberries this spring and have used this little watertank when watering each time. Can't imagine trying to water by the pail full. I would be there all day. I am sure that your 200' long garden hose can be quite heavy and frustrating to move around to water with.

BTW, cute iris!!

Brenda

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have lots of shorter type Irises blooming right now, my tulips too are putting on their show.

Its not so bad, I figured out a good way to move the hose around, when I'm driving the lawn tractor I wrap the hose around my waist and the tractor pulls it ;)

Each Spruce/Scots got a good drink yesterday, they should be good for a week and by then hopefully we will get some decent rain. Last spring I never had to water any of my new tree seedlings, we were blessed.

Sharon

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting