Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
weather

Posted by celtic-07 3b (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 12 at 10:06

Hi Saskatchewan gardeners .Hope the weather I'm seeing on the tv is not at anyones backdoor. In Thunder Bay we have had torrental rains - roads washed out, malls and their parking lots under a foot of water basements flooded with water and sewage( one report said a "sister woke up at 5 am got off her bed into water up to the top of the bottom mattress" Gardens are flooded+++++. WE are up on a hill on the north side of Thunder Bay so no water in our basement yet! started raining again now and is to go on till Wed grrrrr. I was complaining of not having the vegies in-rototilled and then it has rained over the last 2 weeks has kept us out of the dirt. maybe I'm luck as at least our seeds and transplants are not under water. Take care everyone Lois

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: weather

Wow sounds like our July here last year. We were up all night bailing one night so our sump wouldn't overflow. Water was rising and the power was out. Hopefully you are high enough to avoid disaster. I guess it worked out that you didn't get the garden in :D

o

I was checking out pictures on the internet this morning - amazing! My son was working on 102 and i'm wondering if he had to go in today. Is there any flooding on the north side at all? My parents are on Court, at the bottom of a hill, of course!

o

Wow, I really hope this year doesn't turn out like 2010 again :(

o

Marcia Our home is up from Court on the hill but so far there's no water as far as my neighbours are concerned, so hope your parents will be ok. The pics on www995magicfm.com under their facebook shows several roads etc with h2o damage.Lois

o

It seemed to be mostly on the south and east sides, and in rural areas. I saw lots of pictures! Quite the thing!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here