Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What am i doing wrong

Posted by brieen z2 SK (My Page) on
Fri, May 28, 10 at 10:48

I just dont seem to have luck with sedums. They do fine the first year I plant them , them the next spring poof they gone. What kind of soil conditions do sedums like.Any advice would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What am i doing wrong

I have a couple of big bunches. Mine are in a dry area that very rarely gets watered other than rain. I even have some in the front of the house which is our gravel driveway. I do leave the seed heads on in the fall. If any small ones appear in spots where they are not wanted, they are easy enough to pull. C

o
RE: What am i doing wrong

Brieen,
Could you tell us what the conditonas are like where you've planted them? what types are you growing?
I have a low growing small leaved kind with yellow flowers (russian yellow sedum I think its called)that is borderline invasive. I have another kind but I don't know what is called :'( They're both in full sun and sandy soil. I think if you can find a very sunny (even hot) place with very well drained soil they should do well. Another trick might be to place larger rocks beside them to keep the heat around them. They are definately hardy. My neighbor has clay soil and the samples I gave her died.
Hope that helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here