______ooooo_lllll_ooooo_______

________oooollllloooo_________

__________oollllloo___________

Anyone have Tulips blooming yet?

Sharon

Comments (21)

• hmacdona1
    14 years ago

Nothing yet. A few green stems...that's it.

Seems like everything is a bit late this year. Something to do with the mountains of snow we had this year I guess :)

• shazam_z3
    14 years ago

Not even my species tulips. :(

• prairierose
    14 years ago

I had a couple of Tarda tulips bloom in a warm spot, and I see buds on some of my other tulips. That's a relief - I was afraid they had gotten their little buds frozen off. My daffodils started blooming on Sunday, though - boy is it ever nice to finally see some flowers!
    Connie

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Connie, you don't live to far away from me and my daffs are just starting to poke through. I have one little Puschkinia blooming and that's it!

Everything is late alright ;)

Sharon

• oilpainter
    14 years ago

Sudbury--My Daffodils are in full bloom and my tulips are all in bud and getting ready to bloom. I have the early varities, but they are late this year here too. They are usually finished by the second week of May

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    14 years ago

There are a few tulips near the house with buds on them but a lot are just poking out of the ground. The only things blooming here are crocus - the grandbaby made short work of the one white muscari and one snowdrop that were blooming yesterday! :)

• lilies_and_roses
    14 years ago

My tulips are about 4 inches above ground now... last fall was my first time planting them and I'm so excited to actually see them coming up! I wish it would happen faster!

• ljpother
    14 years ago

I have lots blooming beside the house, south side. Others are just getting started.

• shazam_z3
    14 years ago

There's one house near me that has very early tulips; hers are still a few days away from blooming. That's how I know it's been a brutal spring.

• sierra_z2b
    14 years ago

Some very early ones blooming near the house. The later ones are full of buds...getting ready to pop soon.

Sierra

• prairierose
    14 years ago

I'm missing a whole bunch of tarda tulips. I'm thinking they came up too early, then froze off when winter returned yet again. Do you think they have any chance of coming back next year? The squill and muscari they're with all seem fine, but they come up a little later.
    Connie

• jungseed
    14 years ago

Was staring out the kitchen window yesterday afternoon trying to decide if the tulips I could see were coral or salmon colored. Had to smile at that. It's been so long since I've seen anything that wasn't white, it just made me happy.

• lioninthelake
    14 years ago

I only have a couple of blooms on my `Glory of the Snow.` All the other bulbs are taking their sweet time. I don`t really keep track of when things are due to be blooming but it sure feels like things are happening later this year.

• garden_chicken
    14 years ago

Well, after struggling through 3 dumps of s***, my tulips are finally blooming! I had planted a 'collection' last fall so I have no idea what will be blooming next. The bloom times seem to be well spread out so I should have a continuous display for a few weeks. I also have mammoth yellow crocuses blooming, but no sign of buds on the Praestans Fueslier (multiflowering) tulips that are planted along with them, but the package does say 'mid spring flowering'. Guess we're not there yet! lol

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    14 years ago

I have Pink Zampa, Blue Daimond, Mount Tacoma, Abigail, Fire of Love, Sweetheart and Foxtrot all blooming! Only because they are on the side of the house where the dogs are and the squirrels are not! It better not snow again!

Ginny

• digicam
    14 years ago

Totally forgot the tulips when I was tilling the flower garden last month, then I saw some brown bulbs flipped out from underneath, I was like "XXXXXX" (bad words ;p ) ... now I lost them! ...."
    But they came out Saturday! Two clusters came out at the corner of the flower bed, 3 inch tall, invading into my lawn... but YAHOOOO!

Rick

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    14 years ago

I have a couple of Cardinal Mindszenty ready to bloom. They really look awful this year - not sure why. They're sort of deformed. The crocuses planted near them didn't look so good either. Maybe i need to do something with that bed.

• nadine27
    14 years ago

Crazy in my south facing beds:

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nadine, those are really beautiful!

Thanks for cheery us on the dreary day!

Sharon

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    14 years ago

Indeed NICE photos Nadine! I'll have to be planting some of these this coming autumn!

Terry

• nadine27
    14 years ago

Yes the early tulips are a lot of fun and make for great color after the crocuses and puschkinia have finished blooming. I think I know most of the names of the tulips in the outer circle of the photos - from left to right in clockwise order - Ancilla (earliest tulip in my beds to bloom), Tulipa Pulchella, Daysystemon Tarda, Pinnochio, Greigii Tulip 'Red Riding Hood', Greigii Tulip 'Sun Dance' Tulipa, Eternal Flame, and Daydream Darwin Hybrid Tulip (which turns from yellow to orange). I think almost all were bought from Botanus - I am so weak when the fall catalogue comes out!