Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ivy2_gw

Therese Bugnet Rose

ivy2
14 years ago

I have had this rose for six years. It's about 4.5 feet high, extremely healthy and has already leafed out. It is planted on the south side of my house. I feed it alfalfa tea and top dress with manure every year. I also keep it watered. It looks like an very healthy rose bush. My problem is.... it gives me about 12 - 15 flowers early in the season and then I may have one or two at a time after that. From what I've read this bush shud bloom far better than that. I have never pruned it because of the old wood thing. Anyone know how to get this rose to bloom more? I'm ready to shovel prune it. Maybe it doesn't like a south exposure?

On the upside all my tenders came thru the winter with flying colors. Especially garden party, one plant had a foot of green cane. others are:

Pink Perfection

Intrigue

Fragrant Cloud

Brides Dream

Sky's the limit. (this one only had about 2 inches of green cane)

I read somewhere that if you gave your tenders a shot of nitrogen in the spring they would bloom better. Can anyone comment on this?

Something that has really surprised me is I started Peruvian Lily seeds. I actually have 18 of them up. Gee if they all survive WHAT am I going to do with them !!! I don't suppose I will have any blooms this year but next !!!. When the time comes I'll be giving a lot away (providing I can keep them alive) Any takers?

Any help with my TB would be appreciated. thanks

Comments (4)