Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sick and tired of this wind

Posted by stanly Z03 (My Page) on
Sun, May 15, 11 at 18:31

Don't know about you folks but I'm am sick and tired of the wind which has been blowing like crazy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sick and tired of this wind

It's almost always windy around here. Sometimes when it stops it seems like something is missing. Today was pretty calm and beautiful and sunny outside and it took me about an hour to figure out why it seemed too quiet.

It's good for fall raking though, sometimes I just rake towards the edge of my property and stand around looking innocent while the leaves blow across the road. ;0)

o

Yes, I don't think I've seen it this bad, most of last week, only
Friday was good, now all weekend when I have time to work
in the yard...sickening!
Friday I took the afternoon off cutting up some fallen poplars,
today I have witnessed about another 7 crashing down!...My
chainsaw is dull!

o

Boy, do I hate the wind. Couldn't we just for once have just a nice breeze? Between the wind, the mosquitoes coming, the ruts in the roads, the voles......it's enough to drive a person crazy =:(

Konrad that's too bad about all your trees. I hope when they fall they're not damaging additional trees.

Northspruce - if I lived across the road from you, I'd have to break down and get one of those annoying leaf blowers and send the leaves all back your way, LOL!

Stanly - Ditto.

o

Not only is it super windy but the wind is cold. The kids don't want to be out in it and they are driving me crazy too. C

o

bdgardener

I was out briefly this morning and almost got blown away.

If the kids are driving you crazy, put them outside, and they'll surely get blown to the neighbour's house, no matter how far away that may be, LOL !

I'm just hoping my newly acquired and not planted shrubs don't end up in our livingroom !

o

Nice break from the wind today, yesterday was TERRIBLE! My backyard is rather protected, so I was able to continue to work away and had seen and heard many dead trees come crashing down ... and yes, I'll also need to be getting the chain saw out to remove those that fell upon the lawn.

The other day while at a friend's place, the wind was so strong it was pelting their windows with blowing debris.

Sad for those that have lost their homes and livelihoods in the Slave Lake fire.

Terrance

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here