Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Daylily Zimbabwe Sunset

Posted by cmmwiebe 2b to 3a (My Page) on
Sat, May 31, 08 at 18:36

Does anyone have a fan of this daylily they would part with?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Daylily Zimbabwe Sunset

Just poking around the web today and found this source. I know nothing about it....

http://lacygnedaylilyfarm.com/price_list/price_list.htm

Might be worth a look.

Karyn

Here is a link that might be useful: LaCygne daylilly farm

o

Interesting site!
I have been told that this plant is a Zone 6 plant and so here I am in Canadian Zone 3a edge and likely would not make it through our winter.

o

Probably a stupid question but really what is the difference between the us and canadian zones? This has always confused me.

It looks to me that the canadian zones are just lower numbered than the us.

I did a quick search but couldn't find any info about this lily. But boy is it pretty.

Karyn

o

Canadian and US zones are not quite the same. For instance, most zone numbers in Canada have an a or b suffix, representing differing levels of precipitation, humidity, wind and other weather phenomena.

Canadian zones appear to be lower numbered than the US because it is much colder here. The lower the zone number, the colder it gets.

Of course, there are places like Victoria, which is a Canadian zone 7.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here