Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Me & Campanula are THROUGH!

Posted by northspruce z3a MB CDA (My Page) on
Sun, May 31, 09 at 21:06

Campanula has invaded its last in my garden. My last attempt was C. takesimiana (sp?) which was tame for 2 years then this spring it was EVERYWHERE. I dug it all out and I'm still finding little volunteers all over the place, grown back from the slightest fragment of root.

I'm not trusting campanula anymore. It just likes my soil way too much. Oh and anyone I gave seeds to, keep an eye on it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Me & Campanula are THROUGH!

Gil,

I have one called Bernice. You would like it. It does not self seed. It has grown to about a 6" circle in about 5 years. It has a double sidefacing flower and is about 18" tall. The perfect campanula. In fact so perfect it is hard to share with others...as it doesn't send runners all over the place. I only took 2 divisions off it this year. One for me for another flowerbed and one to sell.

Bernice bellflower

Brenda

o

That's beautiful Brenda!

o

Hey Gil,

Sounds like you need to deadhead more and watch them carefully. They will seed down low, they can be sneaky little buggers.

That is a pretty one Brenda.

Sierra

o

Well, this one has big fleshy roots that take off in all directions and pop up a new plant every 4 inches. Where the soil is loose, I can pull out a whole string of them. I am gaining on them, I think there are only a few left. It's not a deadheading issue...

Brenda that one is pretty but I'm afraid I can't be tempted. My trust is broken. ;0)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here