Houzz Logo Print
konrad___far_north

How much water did you get?

Konrad___far_north
13 years ago

Emptied the rain gauge and it was just about 1 1/2"

Think we're in allot better shape then last year...looking good so far

but we can still use allot more, it was a nice misty rain, good for soil

penetration, the pond is still low, about 1/3 from last year.

Konrad

Comments (16)

• northspruce
    13 years ago

NONE. It's getting pretty dry here. Supposed to thunder tonight, but you know what that means, it could be a deluge or nothing at all. I've been watering the flower beds all week.

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    13 years ago

I'm praying for rain as well. Oh wait, last time i did that it didn't quit for two weeks! LOL

• Pudge 2b
    13 years ago

Rained all day here today, just over an inch. And it was a real nice, warm rain.

• hykue Zone 7 Vanc. Island
    13 years ago

I am very jealous of you both, Konrad and Pudge. We are getting a sprinkle, though. Better than the sweet fat nothing we got for the first three weeks of May. I bet you both did the happy-rain-dance, didn't you? Or maybe only I do that after it rains . . .

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    13 years ago

There's about 2" in the wheelbarrow, not that it gives a totally accurate measurement, but a substantial amount just the same :) ... now, we just need it to again warm!

Terry

• northspruce
    13 years ago

It rained overnight and now it's sunny and really windy. Good to get the rain even though the gardens had been watered, it's never the same.

• nman
    13 years ago

Rained all day in Thompson. Just want we need to make the spring green. Finally, the grass is green. I'm hoping for a warm summer. One can hope anyway!!!!!!

• hykue Zone 7 Vanc. Island
    13 years ago

Wow, I spoke too soon! It started raining in earnest last night, and continued until this afternoon. Even now it's sprinkling. So far, about 1 1/4"! (The first 3/4 or so using my not-so-sophisticated "tuna-can-on-the-ground" rain gauge that I had out for my sprinkler. When I saw that it was nearly full, I put out my real rain gauge.) Yay! I'm doing the happy-rain-dance right now! Of course, it's only 5 degrees, so I'm doing the happy-rain-dance INSIDE, at least for today.

• Konrad___far_north
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh..good!.. looks like most of us got a share of rain, hopefully some more.

Konrad

• klondike_kate
    13 years ago

It's been really dry here. So much so that there was a fire ban for the long weekend. We had a tiny sprinkle yesterday (about 5 drops) while I was hanging the laundry on the line and then a bit more overnight. We just planted a Mayday tree yesterday so I'm hoping for more (after I finish painting the front porch, though!).

• Pudge 2b
    13 years ago

Another inch of rain predicted for us tonight and tomorrow. The yard soaked up that last 1.5" in no time, another inch or so won't hurt at all :)

• Konrad___far_north
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That's good!
    That snow and rain we had amounted to only .9" ...then the city had
    a good rain but never got out to Beaumont 20 min. away.
    Thunderstorms most often start out west and we get some trickles of
    it east or nothing at all.
    I can see that Terry [west], has more rain.

Konrad

• Konrad___far_north
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Another .6" of rain.
    It better get warm soon!

• SeaOtterCove
    13 years ago

I'm glad it did rain some, we've already had fires here apparently, I heard one was about 20 ha. in size. I didn't measure how much we received, enough that the grass couldn't get mowed and then it grew like each blade was a mad man and is now over 8". I think it's time to mow. Too many other things to do though, maybe if it doesn't rain I'll be able to mow the grass tomorrow.

Syreeta

• Pudge 2b
    13 years ago

Since mid-May we've had over 12" of rain in this area.

(insert big sigh here)

quack :)

• Konrad___far_north
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh wow..I don't think we had this amount ever,...you should
    be good for a while.

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks