Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's that time of year

Posted by north53 1b Manitoba (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 22:36

It's that time of year when every day will bring a happy discovery in my yard. Tonight it was finding a new shoot coming up where my variegated iris is planted. It made me smile. There's a softness in the air. I can feel warmer temps coming any day now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's that time of year

♫ ♪ dreeee-eeam ♫ dream dream dream ♫ ♪ dreeeam

o

LOL I was dreaming on Sunday and Monday but the dreams are frozen again! Send it this way!

o

Spring is a wonderful time for gardeners! I'm still waiting here, with a foot of new snow on the ground but very warm spring temps for the next week, so we're hoping it will all melt.

I can't wait to see new growth in the woods!
I love variegated iris. I left some behind back in ON.

o

I was pleased about the iris because it was a poor impulse purchase...one of those bag things from the store. Most of the root was rotten and I didn't hold out much hope. I should have returned it. But one root was viable and seems to have survived.
Today's great discovery is my new peony is up. I bought it as a bare root in the spring and then moved it again in the fall. So I was very surprised to see it already coming up!

o

I had a good day today, raked the yard and inspected the garden. I can see some green amongst the dirt and the cherry tree that I saved from can/tire looks healthy. Tonight it will be -1.

This post was edited by catt_2006 on Sat, May 4, 13 at 19:29

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here