Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Love spring, love chartreuse!

Posted by ostrich 3a AB (My Page) on
Wed, May 15, 13 at 23:28

I am finally enjoying my first spring in Calgary with a landscaped backyard! Since I only got my backyard done last summer, this is the first time that I am experiencing the beautiful new growth of spring in my own home in Calgary. I love spring time and I love the chartreuse colours all around me! It's so rejuvenating. Here are some pics that I just took this evening - enjoy!

Ninebark Dart's Gold
Ninebark Dart's Gold photo IMG_3989resized.jpg

Cutleaf Green Elder
Cutleaf Green Elder photo IMG_4008resized.jpg

Morden Gold Elder
Morden Gold Elder photo IMG_3995resized.jpg

Hosta Liberty
Hosta Liberty photo IMG_3997resized.jpg

Dicentra Gold Heart
Gold Heart Bleeding Heart photo IMG_3992resized.jpg

Toba Hawthorn
Toba Hawthorn photo IMG_4001resized.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Love spring, love chartreuse!

Just beautiful!
See,..Calgary is not so bad after all, Alberta summers are one of the best in the world, it has a special beauty with lots of sunshine!.. I love it!

This post was edited by konrad___far_north on Thu, May 16, 13 at 1:33

o

Nice pics! I agree that the spring growth when things are light-green is when most trees are at their best.

o

I'm jealous! I saw miniscule leaflets on a rose and a clematis yesterday and was thrilled! LOL

o

Nice photos Ostrich!

Our spring is way behind too. No leaves here yet. Just buds.

o

Thanks, everyone!

Everything is doing well except for those 3 rhodies....hmm...they may end up in the trash can! LOL

Happy gardening!

o

Welcome! to gardening in Calgary.
There was an article in one of the magazines a few years back which suggested planting chartreuse plants every five or six feet in a garden.
You may want to join the Calgary Horticultural Society
for Calgary specific information.
Caroline

o

Hi Caroline,

I already joined the Calgary Horticultural Society last year. I would love to see that article if someone still has it! Thanks.

o

You can go to the office and look it up, or ask over at their forum. Someone can probably scan it and send it over to you.

I'll check my back issues too, but I've only been a member for three years.

o

shazam, thanks so much for your suggestion!

How was your gardening today? It was quite productive for me this weekend! I also loved all the rain last week - things are so green now and the soil is so moist and soft! Just lovely for planting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here