Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
konrad___far_north

Close up of a Baltimore Oriole

Konrad___far_north
13 years ago

With a home brew hacked Sony Powershot, self Portrait, activated by a motion sensor.

{{gwi:108267}}

Konrad

Comments (17)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    13 years ago

Beautiful, Konrad!

• north53 Z2b MB
    13 years ago

WOW! Spectacular bird, spectacular picture!

• Laurie_z3_MB
    13 years ago

He's stunning!

• xtreme_gardener
    13 years ago

Wow! Doesn't get much better than that. I've missed your bird shots Konrad, thanks for sharing.

• northspruce
    13 years ago

Great shot! What a gorgeous bird!

• savona
    13 years ago

gorgeous picture!

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    13 years ago

WOW! ... that is an amazing photo!

Terry

• hykue Zone 7 Vanc. Island
    13 years ago

That's great! Good job rigging that up, and nice picture the fella took of himself, too! Thanks for brightening my day.

• Konrad___far_north
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all!...These a very illusive birds and hard to photographs
    the normal way....hoping to get a female shot soon?
    We been heaving rain almost daily and this doesn't help, the glass, from where the camera shoot's through....like window glass, gets water stained and needs to get cleaned after every shower.

Konrad

• celtic_07
    13 years ago

Thanks Konrad This pic certainly brightens up ones day. The weather here has been all over the place---hot!!! rain windy often in the same day. the evenings have been cool thou----6-10c. I always though these birds were more orange in colour.

• beegood_gw
    13 years ago

Now that is a picture with a WOW!! factor.

• Konrad___far_north
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all!

It could be.... perhaps a little off among some birds, here
    a flash, compare to the orange, [fruit] and a darker front shot, the
    chest seems a bit darker.

• tanja_r
    13 years ago

WOW!! Beautiful photo Konrad!

I'm new to the forum, and currently on vacation. I can see it's going to take a lot of discipline not to spend too much time at my computer, but I'm learning so much! And all the photos! :)

It seems that you have explained your technique before. (The bird took a photo of itself?) Can you direct me to the info., or give me a brief description? I love photography, but am a definite novice. I have a Cannon Powershot SX10.

Tanja

• Konrad___far_north
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you Tanja!
    I should correct myself, it's a Sony S600 Cybershot, the hack is the worst, best is to start on a cheap P32, or P43, I have ruined my first hack P32, buckshot does most of the hack video....below the 600hack. There are only about a handful of Sony's good for this hobby, there are some other brands but Sony's are preferred. Hunters use these allot for wildlife location, I always wanted to build something remote and stumbled onto this, I put them out simply to capture wildlife in my yard, it's a great hobby and very addicting!
    I'll give some more links later.

This is the S600 inside of a 1060 Pelican case. The 3 mall batteries on top of he Bigfoot control board for power, the 2C batteries are for additional power for camera, so 5 wires get soldered inside the camera, 3 for running the board/camera, the other 2 wires for additional power.

This is how the outside looks.
    Sony S600 on the left, the others are P32 and P43 inside a 1040 case.

These can be strapped on the tree.

Google Trail camera build.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sony S600 hack

• celtic_07
    13 years ago

Konrad Just simple amazing shots!!!! THe camera setup is very interesting indeed. I always look forward to pics you share with the rest of us-- always different , interesting and often unique.
    Please continue sharing your sights with us.
    Take care Lois

• diane_v_44
    13 years ago

Konrad

Indeed, thank you.
    Something special for sure

• Konrad___far_north
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all!
    Here is a shot of one that looks like waiting out the rain.

Here is one with the Orange which I like allot.

Konrad