Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fillagirl_gw

Did I plant these 2 trees close together enough for a screen?

fillagirl
13 years ago

**I posted in Trees but thought I'd post here too, as they had never heard from anyone in zone 2b and things might not grow as large in this zone.

Hi there, I am in the Canadian Prairies in zone 2b. I planted two Virgina Schubert chokecherry trees twelve feet apart, trying to create a screen to hide my neighbor's house. The tree on right I planted 3 year ago, and the left one last summer. They are 12 feet apart. Then, I planted a variegated dogwood in between for contrast, exactly in line with the trees.

I am worried that I didn't plant the two trees close together enough to hide the neighbor's house. Thinking about digging up the one of the left and moving it two feet closer to the other tree, and then digging up the dogwood and centering it again and moving it a foot forward so it's a bit forward from the trees. Am I crazy and should I leave it as it is, or move the trees closer together and the dogwood forward? Thanks in advance for your help, I'm new to gardening and keep second guessing myself!

{{gwi:379226}}

Comments (3)