Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sprayman_gw

Lets hear your good deed Gardening Stories

sprayman
15 years ago

I would like to hear other members good deed Gardening Stories. My good deeds this year was like last year to give my left over plants to the Salvation Army William Booth Special Care Home.I gave them 70 plants, 15 Wave Petunia,Gazanias, Amaranthus-Love LiesBleeding,Phlox, Lobelia-Trailing blue,Swan River Daisy, Zinnia's, Spikes and even some Lisianthus.

When i took the plants over I was asked if I could donate some time to help weed the new perennial beds and large raised curved annual planters. They were full of mustard & wild oats( so much for weed free topsoil)

Ended up taking my 66 yr. old mom ( who wanted to donate magazines & a tray of Lamium ) back a hour later & spending 2 hr. digging weeds.

In the evening gave the new neighbors a washing machine drum & me & there 8 yr. old girl (& 4 friends) put 2 spikes,2 large reg. Petunia in the center, 2 large Wave Petiunia, 4 smaller Waves ,6 Lobelia & 4 Swan River Daisy around the out side. I had to give each one a turn in putting a plant in. Than we put 15 Lambs ears, 6 Waves, & 16 Gazania , in the front flower beds

I was beat ,but i felt good. Plus I get to see the flowers in the new neighbors drab, pea rock filled back yard

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES