Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ostrich0001

My first rose in Calgary!

ostrich
10 years ago

It is a very special moment as this is the first rose in my first gardening season in Calgary! Isn't Morden Blush such a beauty? I just love it.... :-)

My Morden Belle is loaded with buds and the Pink Peace is also getting almost ready to bloom too.... so exciting!

Comments (16)

• shillanorth Z4 AB
    10 years ago

Hooray!!!!! There`s something about a rose blooming that just captures you and Morden Blush is a beauty, one of my favourites. Winnipeg Parks and Felix Leclerc are blooming for me now - that means summer is here.

• don555
    10 years ago

My roses have buds but no flowers yet. Congratulations!

• CLBlakey
    10 years ago

Congrats!! It is beautiful.

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    10 years ago

Blushing beautifully! Love pink roses! TFS

No roses here but lots of irises! :)

Ginny

• Laurie_z3_MB
    10 years ago

Ah, Morden Blush is such an elegant beauty. Congrats! I think it'll be at least a week or more before any of my roses open up.

Laurie

• weeper_11
    10 years ago

She is a beauty! Especially in the just-opening phase.

My Prairie Peace is almost in full bloom right now. Everything else is just budding out.

• Konrad___far_north
    10 years ago

Awesome shot,..thanks for sharing!

• Konrad___far_north
    10 years ago

darn, it double posted again,...must have hit twice that post, before this new format, you couldn't do it twice.

This post was edited by konrad___far_north on Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 20:43

• ostrich
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much, everyone! It's so exciting to have my "first" rose in Calgary... :-)

I think that my Pink Peace is about to bloom too... YAY!

• ostrich
    Original Author
    10 years ago

BTW, this is how she looks today (2013-6-18):

Isn't she just gorgeous!?

• weeper_11
    10 years ago

I think it is only fair that you take a picture of the dirty kleenex phase as well. ;)

• shazam_z3
    10 years ago

LOL!

Great pics BTW ostrich!

This post was edited by shazam_z3 on Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 13:42

• CLBlakey
    10 years ago

Kinda like us cute when we are babies.................then in our prime (like she is now) but then comes the aging wrinkles and sags until ..........................the end.

• ostrich
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh my! Look at my poor Morden Blush rose.... on day 4 now, it has turned to that "used Kleenex" look that weeper so eloquently described!!! The colour also faded from that blush hue to mostly white now.....

Disclaimer: no animal, plant, or even human beings were hurt during the photographic process.

• don555
    10 years ago

LOL, I had to look at the photo for a few seconds to realize what was up.

• diane_v_44
    10 years ago

Is nice reading these posts across Canada, early just about 6:00 am, Saturday morning in Ontario
    I have some fine roses as well and blooming presently Several finished
    I have for the most part forgotten the names of the roses.in my garden
    Some gorgeous older ones real true white, some a dusty pink, maybe the very one you photographed.
    A very bright and full yellow one or two. eds deep red and the fragrance of some of these roses is just so powerful when you are in the back yard
    My back yard is less than the front but is surrounded by huge oak trees. And some cedar. Lovely back ground to the flowerbeds.
    Just makes one feel good

Roses
    talking about them, smelling them and even thinking about smelling them

Is a nice post everyone

Thank you.
    I should get out there now and have a smell in the early morning.

Brugmansia are another favourite fragrance for me. But, mine are not yet in bloom.

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA