Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My first rose in Calgary!

Posted by ostrich 3a AB (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 0:34

It is a very special moment as this is the first rose in my first gardening season in Calgary! Isn't Morden Blush such a beauty? I just love it.... :-)

Morden Blush 2013-6-17 photo IMG_4061_edited-1resized.jpg

My Morden Belle is loaded with buds and the Pink Peace is also getting almost ready to bloom too.... so exciting!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My first rose in Calgary!

Hooray!!!!! There`s something about a rose blooming that just captures you and Morden Blush is a beauty, one of my favourites. Winnipeg Parks and Felix Leclerc are blooming for me now - that means summer is here.

o

My roses have buds but no flowers yet. Congratulations!

o

Congrats!! It is beautiful.

o

Blushing beautifully! Love pink roses! TFS

No roses here but lots of irises! :)

Ginny

o

Ah, Morden Blush is such an elegant beauty. Congrats! I think it'll be at least a week or more before any of my roses open up.

Laurie

o

She is a beauty! Especially in the just-opening phase.

My Prairie Peace is almost in full bloom right now. Everything else is just budding out.

o

Awesome shot,..thanks for sharing!

o

darn, it double posted again,...must have hit twice that post, before this new format, you couldn't do it twice.

This post was edited by konrad___far_north on Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 20:43

o

Thanks so much, everyone! It's so exciting to have my "first" rose in Calgary... :-)

I think that my Pink Peace is about to bloom too... YAY!

o

BTW, this is how she looks today (2013-6-18):

Morden Blush 2013-6-18 photo IMG_4106_edited-1.jpg

Isn't she just gorgeous!?

o

I think it is only fair that you take a picture of the dirty kleenex phase as well. ;)

o

LOL!

Great pics BTW ostrich!

This post was edited by shazam_z3 on Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 13:42

o

Kinda like us cute when we are babies.................then in our prime (like she is now) but then comes the aging wrinkles and sags until ..........................the end.

o

Oh my! Look at my poor Morden Blush rose.... on day 4 now, it has turned to that "used Kleenex" look that weeper so eloquently described!!! The colour also faded from that blush hue to mostly white now.....

photo IMG_4112_edited-1.jpg

Disclaimer: no animal, plant, or even human beings were hurt during the photographic process.

o

LOL, I had to look at the photo for a few seconds to realize what was up.

o

Is nice reading these posts across Canada, early just about 6:00 am, Saturday morning in Ontario
I have some fine roses as well and blooming presently Several finished
I have for the most part forgotten the names of the roses.in my garden
Some gorgeous older ones real true white, some a dusty pink, maybe the very one you photographed.
A very bright and full yellow one or two. eds deep red and the fragrance of some of these roses is just so powerful when you are in the back yard
My back yard is less than the front but is surrounded by huge oak trees. And some cedar. Lovely back ground to the flowerbeds.
Just makes one feel good

Roses
talking about them, smelling them and even thinking about smelling them

Is a nice post everyone

Thank you.
I should get out there now and have a smell in the early morning.

Brugmansia are another favourite fragrance for me. But, mine are not yet in bloom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here