Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

A few Hostas from my garden - photos

jel48
11 years ago

Here are a few hostas from my garden. I just uploaded several photos of hostas and a few other plants so if you'd like to see more, take the photobucket link below. I hope you like them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden photos - hostas and others

Comments (11)

• mytime
    11 years ago

Nice pictures!

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    11 years ago

Awesome shades of cool! Thank you for sharing. :) Love the angels/fairies!

Ginny

• valleyrimgirl
    11 years ago

Beautiful!

Can you tell me which variety of hosta was in each picture?

Brenda

• northspruce
    11 years ago

Very nice! My favourite is the blue one with the piecrust edge.

• jel48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Brenda, I might be able to provide some varieties. Unfortunately, when we moved here (and started planting) 4 years ago, I used the standard P-Touch labels, and they just didn't hold up in the kind of lake-effect snow conditions we have here. I had plenty of snow when I lived in MN too, but not a solid 3-foot snow cover all winter. That's the only thing I can think of that did in the tags. Some of them came right off of the metal stake (never to be seen again) and others are just unreadable. A few are still ok. I'll see if I can ID some of these for you and report back :-)

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone. I absolutely love hostas!

• jel48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Amazing! Brenda, I was able to find the tags (readable even) on all but one of the hosta that I posted the photos of. In order, from top photo to bottom photo, they are:

1) Ice Age Trail

2) ** missing tag ** I thought it was Blue Dimples, but it doesn't look like the Blue Dimples photos on Hostalib so now I'm not sure.

3) Montana Aueromarginata

4) Queen of the Seas

5) Same hosta as number 2 - from another angle.

6) Orange Marmelade (my husband's absolute favorite)

7) Iron Gate Delight

I'd love to post more pics, if anyone would like to see them. Some I can identify, some I can't. I have somewhere around 280-300 varieties, but not all are picture worthy :-)

• jel48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hmm... just found notes on my hosta from before I moved to MI. Blue Dimples died, so that one is definitely NOT Blue Dimples!

• valleyrimgirl
    11 years ago

Personally I would love to see your hosta pictures! Does anyone else want to see them??? Hands up!!

I am in the same boat as you are in that I have a lot of hosta here (pushing about 475 different hosta counting the 75 newest-to-me spring 2012 orders that came in). The oldest ones in my yard are amazing! I can hardly wait until the newest acquisitions are mature! Wow, will that be an amazing sight to see!

Brenda

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    11 years ago

jel48, you have some REALLY NICE varieties, thanks for showing us :)

Terrance

• northernmn
    11 years ago

VERY nice plants. Beautiful varieties and lush looking.

The deer just got all of mine. We got 5" of rain in a two day period and the Plant Skydd repellant must have washed off. Oh well, they always regrow.

• jel48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I HATE that the deer love them so much! I'd love to plant them out at our camp, but there are just too many deer in that area. We did take four potted ones out there this summer, thinking we could put them in the dog kennel when we're not there (although we haven't yet) but so far I've refused to plant them there!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor