Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Holy Rain!!!!

Posted by SouthCountryGuy SE BC 4b-5a (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 20, 13 at 10:58

Last night at 6:30, a few hours into the thunder showers, I put my rain gauge out. I checked it at 8:30 this morning and it read 3 1/4" and we are expecting another 1-2" today. Anyone else getting drowned out?

The plus side is my hydrangea's are looking quite happy.

Edit: I guess I should have looked at the news this morning. I feel for all the people that are flooded out in SW AB and SE BC....lets hope the rain subsides for you.

SCG

This post was edited by SouthCountryGuy on Thu, Jun 20, 13 at 11:45

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Holy Rain!!!!

Calgary is really getting hammered, Canmore is flooded out, and I hear they are still in for more heavy rain. Yikes! I guess I can't complain too much. We are in a dry spell for the moment. That will change within the next couple of hours I am sure!

Ginny

o

Lots of rain. I got about 5-6 inches so far. Even my containers are flooded.

o

From what I am seeing on the news it is just crazy in some areas. Hope everyone here is safe and dry. It rained so hard here it flattened some of my plants....

Good luck everyone....

o

They're evacuating some of the communities near the rivers now.

o

That's crazy!! I'll have to watch the news tonight.

o

CLB. It is nuts. Predications indicating water levels to be as high if not higher than '05. Especially down in SW AB and SE BC where it much worse.

We have gotten an additional 1/2" today but it hasn't let up. Wish I would have had my gauge out during the down pour that flattened even a couple of sunflowers that were about 10" tall.

Hope it lets up for everyone.

SCG

o

GOODNESS ME! There's so much rain around Calgary it's unbelievable! I feel very bad for the communities that got flooded.... I can't believe that there's more rain coming still, according to our forecast.... this has to be one of the wettest springs on record here in Calgary - am I right?

Hope all the Calgarians here are doing OK.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here