Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peony bloomed overnight

Posted by lucklein none (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 14:45

Peonies are a little later than usual this year, but three blooms opened on this one overnight! (Manitoba)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peony bloomed overnight

• Posted by mytime 3/4 Alaska (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 14:47

Beautiful...I just found out I'm going to be gone while mine are in bloom...pout, pout!

o

Nice!

o

That's a beautiful one! I'm in Manitoba too, and they have just started blooming in the last week...yay, finally!

o

Beautiful!!! What's her name?

o

Is this Morning Lilac?

As for lateness of peonies...checked one of them in comparison to 2011 when we apparently had an early spring and there was only 2 days difference in bloom time. June 23, 2011 to June 25, 2011 for the first bloom on the same peony.

Brenda (also in Manitoba...)

o

That is a beautiful peony! It does look like Morning Lilac. I don't have any Itoh's yet, by I do have some coming this fall!

I just had one bloom overnight too - Leto. I ended up cutting the flowers for a bouquet because they were so beautiful and it has been SO hot out lately I knew they wouldn't last and I wouldn't be out enjoying them anyway.
I'm so excited for the beautiful bouquet's my peonies will make once they get more mature! (I just started planting last fall)

o

A full 18 days later I finally have a peony no signs of any other flowers to come on that plant but the other is still only out of the ground by 8 inches.

o

Very pretty CLB... sure feels like things are taking there time this year.

o

Can you see the poppies under the window?

o

Can't recognize them from the picture but that is a nice size...in the past 2 days I have quite a few develop buds. Man they grow in fast spurts. That being said I also still, still, I mean still have them germinating. OMG they are a PIA to thin. Would see the weed wacker if it wasn't for my Sunflowers lol. I shouldn't say that because I am also thinning to size so I can hopefully have some blooming all year. I did sow 5 times LOL so can't expect much less. Funny I was thinking of you today and going to ask how yours were doing.

o

My Itoh is just about ready to bloom for the first time ever... Can't wait!

o

Waiting for pics Shazam :D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here