Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arcticiris

OMG too funny Old Heebie Jeebies Post

arcticiris
12 years ago

So, I was looking for white garden references, and having no success (moon gardens only work when you can pull off dark and warm, people!) when I saw a posting called Heebie-Jeebies from back in 2003. Intrigued, I clicked. Instead of going back out to my garden on a beautiful day I spent the next hour trying desperately not to pee my pants laughing. The best part? THese stories don't really apply to us! It's too cold up here! SO read and enjoy comfortably knowing only --- half---of the horrors could happen to YOU.

Here is a link that might be useful: Heebie Jeebies Post

Comments (6)

• northspruce
    12 years ago

LOL there are some good ones there. Maybe we can have our own. I'm not really squeamish or terrified of anything in the garden, but I found this guy on my wall a few years ago:

The picture makes it look like a little tiny Kate Moss wasp but it was incredibly large. Its body was about the size of my index finger. Scream... I'm also terrified of wood ticks but there aren't any in my garden.

• nutsaboutflowers
    12 years ago

I'm too scared to look......heebie jeebies and me don't mix. There's some things about nature that I appreciate and there's some things I just don't want to know, LOL !

Has anybody ever seen a wolf spider? I saw two of them 22 years ago and it still gives me the creeps if I think about it !

Needless to say, Northspruce, if you start a post of our own, (hey, you kinda did already) I won't be participating =:)

• arcticiris
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm creeped out by spruce beetles. I run if I even see them flying within a 100 meter radius. Who can blame me!! When I was 6 I had one fly down the back of my shirt. Mom didn't believe me. I was too calm? But inside I"m SCREAMING!! I remember the horror. So my brother, who is a year younger, was playing pirate and had a REAL hook to be Captain Hook. All sharp and curved and...yeah, moms don't let their 5 year olds play with that kind of thing these days, but there you go--implement of death. Anyways, he fished the spruce beetle out for me--impaled it on his hook! (Don't like Captain Hook either anymore, so two phobias for the price of one!)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    12 years ago

Wolf spiders drop out of the trees and sometimes you see a nice silhouette of them at dusk. ~shudder~ Honest to God, my kids used them for target practice with beebee guns out at the lake when they were young.

• northspruce
    12 years ago

LOL there was a spruce beetle on my fence the other day when I was mowing the lawn, I mowed a wide circle around it until it left. I think they're sort of cute but then I found out they bite really hard so I avoid them like the plague now.

• arcticiris
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Its so weird, because I love the big momma spiders carrying all their babies. Tho they must be the UGLIEST things in creation, good lord. And I'd prob freak if one climbed in my hair. But I smile when I see them (NOT on me) and think dreamily of all the soon to be eaten mosquitoes that will not be feasting on my flesh. Bwahahhaa.