Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Hazledean roses

Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 18:37

Started blooming and are just beautiful. I think they are the hardiest yellow roses I have ever had.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Hazledean roses

Oh that's beautiful!..Looks like you got a winner here.

o

Beautiful roses! My neighbour has one in full bloom now! :)

Ginny

o

Beegood beautiful. I have been looking for this rose off and on but no luck. Do you know where you got it from and can I get it in Ontario. Take care.Rainy and miserable today .Lois

o

My Hazeldean came from Dieter Martin Greenhouse Langham, SK and has been blooming beautifully this spring. It is, reputably, very hard to start and he is the only one I know of to do it for commercial production.

Paul Olsen from Edmonton has been talking of moving to the Rainy River area and staring a rose nursery there. I am sure you could get a Hazeldean from him if has got it going yet.

Leo

o

• Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 18, 12 at 19:54

Yes I get mine from Dieter Martin as well. They are very hardy. -40 a couple years and still leaf out right to the top. I don't know any one else who sells them. If you google Dieter martin Nursery you can get his phone #, Doesn't really have a web site but very helpful to deal with.It's almost in full bloom now so will post another picture soon.

o

I don't think i've ever seen Hazeldean for sale anywhere. I'd love to have a beautiful yellow rose like that!

Rainy River, eh? That's only a couple of hours away....

o

WOW! That is gorgeous.... how big is it really? Is it fragrant at all?

o

Do you mean the flower or the plant. The flower is an average size and since it is a shrub rose it can get quite tall. It has a nice fragrance.

o

Tue, Jun 19, 12 at 14:33

Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Hi I went online and had a hard time trying to find a web site for Dieter greenhouse and yes they only have a phone number. Marcia paul doesn't have anything showen in Rainy river .
Does Dieter ship to Ontario? Can't get thro on the phone-will have to try again. One of these roses was at our hort. plant auction a few years agobut don't know where it came from. Will keep looking. Lois

o

Wed, Jun 20, 12 at 11:50

I have never asked about shipping because I have a friend who goes right by there when she goes home from Edmonton and she picks them up for me . Lucky me. Had her pick one up for a friend this year and it was full of buds when she got it.

o

I don't think Dieter Martin ships. My Hazeldean was also picked up by friends who live out there. It is not far from Saskatoon.
leo

o

My Hazeldean is in full bloom and the bumble bees are constanly buzzing. The fragrance can be a bit overwhelming after a while.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here