Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Camassia

Posted by debbiecz3 z3MB (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 1, 09 at 19:32

Planted these last fall but as yet they are a no-show. Anyone grow these? I opted for the ones with the variegated foliage which were rated zone 4 I believe; maybe I should have tried the more hardy plain ones!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Camassia

Mine are a no-show too.

o

Tried them twice with no luck. I think they like lots of wet leaf mulch. Maybe try them again this year in a different place.

Ginny

o

planted them last year too--no show right now, but lots of others are slow to get going in the yard this year. I will keep hoping.

o

I put in Camassia quamash last Fall for the first time - deep and under about a decimetre of bark mulch. This has been a very cold Spring - and the bulbs are Dutch and so probably need time to acclimate. In any case, something that looks right has just started coming up, so don't lose hope. On the otherhand, a friend here in Edmonton, AB, planted some several years ago and they come up, but don't bloom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here