Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roses & 2,4-D

Posted by leo_prairie_view 2B Manitoba (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 6, 09 at 20:50

We live in a two family house and share our yard with our neighbour. I try to take care of the dandelions by pulling them out and not mowing the grass too short. The neighbours knew my back is giving me trouble so very nicely sprayed the lawn with a herbicide, I assume 2,4-D. It was a windy day and my roses are showing the same effects as the dandelions. Twisted over growing and reddish stems. Will this result in permanent damage and is there anything I can do about it now?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roses & 2,4-D

Unfortunately weed killer does not know the difference between flowers and weeds. It depends what kind of weed killer he used--if it's systemic it will go to the roots and may kill the rose. If not you may be able to cut it down or cut off the affected branches, and it will regrow

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here