17 years ago

Searched and found no helpful advise

How do I post pics?

Thanks

Annie

Comments (13)

• northspruce
    17 years ago

1) Save pictures as JPG files to the hard drive of your computer.

2) Set up an account at www.photobucket.com (it's free and doesn't spam you)

3) Upload your pictures into the photobucket account using the "browse" and "submit" buttons.

4) With that window still open, come back to Gardenweb and start typing your message. Wherever you want to add a picture, just hit Enter to leave a spare line, then click back to Photobucket.

5) In Photobucket, select the entire contents of the box named "TAG" that is underneath the picture you want to post. Right-click to "copy" it, then return to your Gardenweb message and right-click to "paste". You will see a long line of gibberish, don't worry this will turn into a picture.

6) Continue typing and add more pictures if you want as you type.

7) When you preview your message, you should see your pictures come up in the message then you can submit it as normal.

Hope this helps! Let's see what ya got!!

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    17 years ago

It would be nice if we had a FAQs section here for questions like this because they come up so often. We'll have to sic Shauna on to iVillage again! LOL

Annie, we're all anxious to see your pics!

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Gil, why not post your instructions at the conversation forum, that way we can bump it up or refer back when needed.

Do you think thats a good idea?

17 years ago

That sounds like a good idea, Sharon. Gil's instructions are nice and clear.

• northspruce
    17 years ago

Anyone think there's anything that needs to be added before we copy it over? Annie, maybe let us know when you try it, if the instructions are clear?

Might be helpful to do an advanced class too, like when the pics show up the wrong size, or thumbnail directions.

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

I forgot Gil, there is already a post called Photobucket Help in the conversation forum. Connie was needing help...maybe post your instructions in that one too.

Also instructions for thumbnails, I think I left one for Doris last week in the gallery.

Sharon

• zone_envy
    17 years ago

I would love it if we could have a picture posting tutorial on the Conversations side. We just bought our first digital camera and I have no idea what I'm doing, lol. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cindy

• milllenia
    Original Author
    17 years ago

K I will give this a shot

Thanks for the info. everyone

Annie

• prairierose
    17 years ago

Have fun Annie. I was frustrated and feeling really stupid, but I think I'm getting there. I plan to try to post something in the "week of" gallery next week. Good luck!
    Connie

• xtreme_gardener
    17 years ago

Gil, For those of us with old film cameras you might want to add the tip Laurie shared with me about using the Image Resizer from Microsoft Powertools to shrink scanned photos off our hard drives before posting them. It was easy and quick to download and use. The link is posted near the end of the "the newgirl" thread. The home page is microsoft.com.

Also, you might want to direct them to the test forum!! That's handy. In fact I'll go there now and figure out how to post a link! LOL!

Good idea to put it all in one reference thread.:^)

Toots

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

bump

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    15 years ago

Thanks Sharon. Much appreciated!
    Ginny

15 years ago

Ohhhh, i guess my eyes weren't focussing correctly this morning and i didn't notice this thread here! LOL Must have had snow in them.... :>