Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scabiosa AWOL

Posted by northspruce z3a MB CDA (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 2, 09 at 22:48

Where the heck is my scabiosa? It was huge and healthy last year and this year I don't see anything. Is it normally a late riser? Do I ask this every year? I have the memory of a goldfish sometimes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scabiosa AWOL

I don't remember you asking before. :) My Scabiosa macedonica hasn't surfaced either. It was a neat plant with l-o-n-g stems and little deep red blooms on it. The seeds that i WSed from it haven't germinated either.

o

Gil, I'll have to go take a look tomorrow and see if mine is poking, I'll let you know.

o

First question: how do you know how good a goldfishes memory is? LOL!

I don't have scabiosa anymore...

Sierra

o

Because mine never seems to recognize me when he's been at the back of the tank for a few minutes. haha. Just kidding I only have tropical fish now.

... still waiting for scabiosa... sigh, it was so pretty last year.

o

Mine is just poking thru.

o

I have Scabiosa Perfecta Blue and Butterfly Blue, Misty Pink, and Misty Something else that lost it's tag. All have been up for at least a month although they are fairly well sheltered. New last year. ???

Ginny

o

It was wintersowed winter of 06/07, was small & didn't bloom the first summer, but looked really nice & healthy last summer. I'm going to go poke around and see if the roots are still down there. I seem to be missing some Shasta Daisies from the same area. It was a baaad winter.

o

They probably don't want to come up into the cold! I am now starting to think we have had NO spring and won't get any summer! We went from winter to winter! Predicting snow in Calgary tomorrow! It's June!!!At this rate we will be sun tanning on Halloween!

Ginny

o
Scabiosa AWOL

Yay I found it! It was a little further over than I thought. Seriously reduced in numbers though, I will have to collect some seeds and start some new ones this winter.

Now my Shasta Daisies are missing... sigh.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here