Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should my New Daylilies be Growing by Now?

Posted by nutsaboutflowers 2b/3a (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 8, 10 at 0:38

I planted a bunch of new daylilies about 3 weeks ago. They were quite big when I received them.

Shouldn't I be getting some new leaves by now? The plants look healthy enough as far as I can tell, they're just not doing anything.

I have 2 small scapes coming, but no sign of new growth on any of them. I think I planted 15 of them. Good Grief, I should remember.......

I planted them in a new lasagna bed. Do you suppose they are reasonably happy with their new home, but just not thrilled enough to sprout new leaves ? =:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should my New Daylilies be Growing by Now?

I would assume that they are putting all their effort into making a new root system for themselves.

Which daylilies did you get and where did you get them from?

I am quite excited...I am heading into the States in a few weeks for a daylily convention/summer meeting in Bismarck/Mandan. 3 days of daylilies with tours, judging workshops, food, speakers, etc. Should be great!

Brenda

o

Brenda - I sure like your choice of destination/activites for your holiday. Sure beats when people go to some concrete covered city.....

I got my daylilies from Mother and Daughter's Daylilies in Ontario. I bought April in Paris, Dream Legacy, Panda Bear, and Velvet Beads. They "took the liberty" of increasing my order by one plant so that I could get their discount. I ended up, obviously, with more plants for less money. They also sent me two extras as a gift, but at the moment I can't remember which one.

I guess I'll be more patient with my plants. Since they still look healthy, you're probably right about the roots =:)

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 9, 10 at 14:18

I agree with Brenda. I rec'd my order from Montfort early spring and planted them up. They took a few weeks to settle but when they did they really started to take off! I bought 7 and 4 have flowered, 2 are still in bud. The last one is just putting on growth but it will come. Marg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here