Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diane_v_44

How Does Your Garden Grow?

diane_v_44
11 years ago

I am delighted with my garden beds this year

It is six years since I moved to this house and am beginning to get some nicely established plants.

I have a 40 foot row for instance of Rose Of Sharon in different colours that is as high as the fence now and just beginning to bloom.

Two ponds that seem to be doing quite well on their own mostly.With some nice perennial plants establishing themselves. Including lilies. I am quite proud of the ponds.

I have taken out a number of rose plants as they just seem to take to much work Other than a couple of old shrub roses that seem to just do fine with very little care But have Hydrangeas, and Japanese Tree Peonies in their place Even t hough their bloom time is short especially the Peonies the plants look good all season

As are the Hostas.

Have a lovely bed alongside of the house, in an area that had been totally left uncared for, and now has gingers, ferns, toad lily, crocisma, calla lilies which seem to come up each year, so far at least and Voodoo Lily. As well Clematis on the fence itself.

Lots more stuff in the gardens

But to lengthy of a note

What I have found though, is that I have to water quite a bit this year so far.

I don't like doing so, as the old water bill for sure increases when one waters.

But has to be done, and hand watering, is kind of relaxing and pleasant. Time to spend in the yard just enjoying the plants and planing on this and that as far as changes you might make

I am a happy gardener.

Hope lots of you are as well

Have several Brugmansia in pots but none blooming yet.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting