Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Be it ever so humble....

Posted by honalee 3a (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 17, 11 at 1:09

There is no place like my yard and garden. One of those days today when nothing was going right but I didn't know what was wrong......Wanting so much for things to be different....better....and no end to the chaos of my everyday life these days. Frustrated with which end of the wool to pull first.......so I took a shower in bug spray, donned my heavy,leather/rubber gloves and took Jack and Cash out to the garden to pull weeds. After 2 hours in the yard, visiting with the neighbours, watching the dogs play, weeding, and watering I feel 100% better! It may be old, muddy, weedy and not up to par with some other gardens but it is better than no garden at all and some days it is a lifesaver. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Be it ever so humble....

My haphazard yard and garden have small sections of beauty, mixed with a multitude of problems such as weeds, rock hard clay soil, poor general design, etc.

Like yours, it's old, weedy, and not up to par with many, but it's not full of pesticides, and nature seems to be taking it all in stride. It's mine to do with as I please, and at times seems to be an uphill battle, but it's my sanctuary and I don't know what I'd do without it.

o

Yep! :)

o

I can understand that. My yard will never be a great show piece unless you like the Au naturale look. But am happy and do the best I can. Just went out this morning and it is so quiet and every thing looks so fresh. My favourite time of day.

o

Sometimes I think I'm only really happy when I'm puttering in the garden. Good thing that's a lot of the time. :0)

o

Ditto!

o

Me too, me too. Love to putter, and best yet the hubby knows that if I'm head down, a** up. No to bother me "I'm busy"

Kids are starting to learn that too.

I'm starting to learn not to make my projects too ambitious. And enjoy the small accomplishments.

Winters too long, summer too short. Time to enjoy life.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here