Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NOID Peony

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 21, 11 at 9:11

I haven't been on theis forum for a while, I've been mostly on the daylily and iris forums. My loss. Like everyone else, my garden is suffering from both heat and now wind burn. At least the wind seems to make it more bearable out in the garden. Here are some pictures of what's blooming in my garden now. Marg

Betty WArren Woods triplets
Betty Warren Woods

Elegant Candy clump
Elegant Candy clump

New to my garden is Sunshine City. It is putting on quite a show.
Photobucket

Aramis always puts on a good show.
Aramis clump

Domin is also another show stopper.
Dominic clump

Here is a peony I bought at a local Hort. sale. I don't know which one it is but it sure looks nice. Anyone know its name?
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NOID Peony

Peony could be Doreen. It has red stems and thinner leaves.

Love the pics! Look very lush considering the heat you guys have been experiencing. :) TFS

o

• Posted by pudge 2/3 Sask (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 21, 11 at 10:36

Beautiful! I love that dark daylily - very showy. I personally find it difficult to get dark anything to pop in the garden but you've certainly accomplished that. Elegant Candy is really pretty, too.

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 21, 11 at 10:41

Thanks. Despite the heatwave we're having, things aren't looking to bad. We have to water 2-3 hours a night. BTW, if the peony is Doreen, that means I now have 2 of them! My other one is just a baby that had it's first flower this year. Thought they looked similar but wasn't sure. Tomorrow I'll bug you guys with pictures of my seedlings and get you to critique them. Marg

o

There are so many peonies that look similar to that one that you almost need to see them side by each to inspect them closely. The stem color narrows it down as well as the leaf shape on other similar ones. :)

o

We've gone from 30 degree weather down to 13 with strong winds and driving rain, 2 inches and counting so far. So enjoy your heatwave, things can change!

I like that peony and both the dark coloured daylilies.

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 21, 11 at 14:06

They're saying that there's a slight chance of rain tonight. Any moisture would be welcome, not to mention the cooler temps! We already have had a few really windy periods, the ones that last only a few minutes but can lift 50 lb. blocks!

o

• Posted by savona z2bBCCanada (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 22, 11 at 16:29

Gorgeous daylilies Marg.I have a noid daylily that is close to your Sunshine City one for colour, I love it! I am no help IDing your peony, I cant even ID my own noids...lol..Jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here