Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beegood_gw

Rain must help

beegood_gw
12 years ago

This year my lilies seem to have bigger better blooms & more.

Comments (16)

• weeper_11
    12 years ago

Oooohh, I like the second one! What a pretty color. I'm usually more a fan of upfacing lilies(just because you can see the flowers better) but that is a stunner. Do you remember the name?

• northspruce
    12 years ago

Love those! I have a black-red one about that colour called Landini, but it faces up.

We've had extremely dry heat for several weeks - my lilies are not loving it. Several of my pinks are looking kind of tan...

• valleyrimgirl
    12 years ago

Are these not Music Art and Dimension?

Just a comment...the discussion is for discussions...the gallery is for pictures...lol

Everyone likes pictures so that is what the gallery was set up for...

Brenda

• north53 Z2b MB
    12 years ago

Personally, I think that can become cumbersome. Sometimes a person can have a question about something and a picture can illustrate it so much clearer. In this case, the question is does rain make a difference? I want to see pictures, and I don't mind where they're shown.
    So must pictures only be shown in the gallery? And if someone shows a picture in the gallery and I want to ask a question about it, do I have to come back to discussions first?

Sorry, I'm really tired today. It stormed all night and I really didn't sleep at all.

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    12 years ago

Hey, Marie, don't worry about it. We've talked about the reason for the gallery originally, but i don't think anyone cares all that much if you post your pictures here or there. Sometimes discussions happen there too.

When we first got the gallery, we started having weekly threads of pictures. It's nice to see how other people's flowers compare to yours. :)

• beegood_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks . I really have no idea what the red one is. Wish I did . This is the first I heard the gallery was for pictures' I have never found a place more difficult to post a picture on. Gave up long time ago.

• weeper_11
    12 years ago

northspruce - I have Landini too - it's a beauty! It contrasts beautifully with so many things.

If that is Dimension, then I've had my eye on that one before!! I decided against ordering lilies this year, as I have 3 orders of iris coming and one order of daylilies that already arrived...but Dimension was on my list of lilies to get. Maybe next year?!

Brenda - I understand you probably want people to be posting pics in the gallery because otherwise we might as well not have one. But it does seem that few frequent the gallery, so it is always a bit disappointing to have no one respond to your pics in there. I've noticed others sections, like the daylily forum, has also begun posting the pics in the discussion part of the section. Unless the rules for posting pics are going to be enforced by a mod, I think it's going to be difficult to convince people to change their habits, for better or worse.

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    12 years ago

Oops, should be Cheryl, not Marie. Mea culpa! LOL

I find posting pictures here a pain too. I use Tinypic, and even if it's in a good mood, you can only upload 5 pics at a time. I should try Photobucket again - maybe things have gotten easier there. The easiest is Facebook - you just upload them directly from your computer.

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

Beegood~Thanks for sharing your pics. Love them! Some days, in my world, it is really nice to just share our common experiences and our common accomplishments, however large or small they may be. Keep em' comin' ;)

Marie~Ditto what I said above. My garden and my dogs are my treasures.They keep me sane and give me a reason to get up in the morning. I love to share them and I love to enjoy another's treasures!

Northspruce~I wish I could send you the rain clouds we have had more than our share of this year! As you can see from above, it has made a world of difference. Doesn't Mother Nature just have a warped sense of hunour sometimes? :)

• weeper_11
    12 years ago

Speaking of rain doing wonders for the garden..I was counting buds on some of my daylilies, and holy crap!!! Mauna Loa has 41 buds on 1 scape(5 branches). Primal Scream had a little less, like 35 or something. Both were planted last summer. Jeesh. I guess they are loving the rain + heat wave!

12 years ago

Was just out front briefly with my neighbour admiring the good this rain has done and I counted about 8 buds on each scape of daylily Bonanza planted last year! My irises in that new bed are standing on guard like giant sabre swords, polished and ready for action! And it's rainin' again!

• beegood_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My daylilies in one bed don't stand a chance. The pup loves to chew the buds. He's only 5 1/2 months old so next year shud be better.

• nutsaboutflowers
    12 years ago

I'm going outside right now to count my buds !

• nutsaboutflowers
    12 years ago

The rain definitely helped my garden.

I did a recount of my lilies and there's 129 on 11 stems. The earlier daylilies that I planted last year have 21 and 25 buds on two scapes, whereas the other each have about 10 on one scape, although they're just starting. Oh, and the rain definitely helped the lilac. More blooms this year than I've ever had before =:)

12 years ago

Beegood~ OMG He/she is beautiful! Such a dark brindle! And love that you haven't cropped his ears! My sister used to breed and show boxers and they loved my border collies (at that time). I bet he/she is just a blast in the garden. They are such personl dogs like the shelties. Cash hasn't had a chance to get to the daylilies yet but he has dead and live headed all my carnations in and out of pots!

Weeper~ I love your sense of humour! Keep writing! You are such a ray of funny in this rather cloudy world of mine lately! :)

NAF~ I sure hope you share pics when those daylilies start blooming! Can't wait!

• beegood_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I checked with Lynette at Valley K lily ranch and that red lily is RED Velvet. Beautiful deep red isn't it?