Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marricgardens

garden pics

marricgardens
12 years ago

I had to use some pics I took earlier in the summer. A lot of my garden is dry stubble right now. Anyone have any pictures of rain or mud to remind me what it looks like? Marg

Rudbeckias, Prairie sun and one I received in trade

{{gwi:761133}}

Kiss and Tell GAzanias

{{gwi:761134}}

Gladys Campbell

{{gwi:761135}}

Leebea Orange Crush

{{gwi:661097}}

Sabine Bauer clump

{{gwi:761138}}

Margaret Seawright

{{gwi:761140}}

More Rudbeckia, rec'd in trade

{{gwi:761142}}

Latvia lily

{{gwi:761144}}

Comments (10)

• Pudge 2b
    12 years ago

Very nice!

You've reminded me that I decided not to plant gazanias this year :( I should have planted at least a few, I just love them.

Several of my Indian Summer rudbeckia wintered and are quite nice - just starting to put on a show. I'm always happy with unexpected winter survivals.

In the first pic, what is the plant to the right with all the pods on it? Seems like I should recognize it.

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Those large seed pods belong to Nigella/Love in a Mist. This year I had lots of various shades of blue and even some pink. I love reseeders! Marg

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

Lots of sunny colors! All I got in my yard is GREEN!!! And MUD! Love the Gazania! And I think I shall have to put Gladys on my wish list now.......TFS Marg :)

• northspruce
    12 years ago

Looking good Marg! I used to grow gazanias - they're beautiful - but I started realizing I almost never saw them open because they snap shut when the sun's off them, and I'm usually at work during the day. They're good for hot & dry spots though.

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    12 years ago

It does look great, Marg. I've only a couple of daylilies opening, and nothing too spectacular yet.

I almost always grow gazanias too, but didn't this year. I had them in my cedar log for a few years but the mesenbryanthemums were so spectacular in there last year that i grew them instead. Only thing is that i must have gotten different seeds, because these are tiny tiny and kind of an insipid red. I'll make sure i get the right seeds next year!

• nutsaboutflowers
    12 years ago

Very nice pictures Marg. I particularly like the Latvia lily. I have something similar.

Marcia, what the heck is a mesenbryanthemum? Could you post a picture? Flowers in a cedar log sound interesting.

I really should invest in a computer and compatible camera so I could post pictures. Only thing is though, I keep spending money on plants instead =:)

Lynn

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

Lynn~ mesembryanthemum is otherwise known as Livingston Daisy. It is a tough little rock succulent whose flowers literally sparkle in the sun. Rock hugging whose leaves resemble portulaca, it is available in many colors. I have planted Vesey's, FerryMorse and T&M seeds in the past. :)

12 years ago

Mesembranthemums:

The log planter:

I moved the planter this year so that it would be easier to mow around it - notice the tall grass? All better now!

• nutsaboutflowers
    12 years ago

That planter looks really nice. I wouldn't have thought of that.

I have mesem.....! I winter sowed some and got 2. I'm not a fan of daisies but I really like them because they're so brightly colored. The stems are kind of funny though. At first I thought I had aphids =:)

12 years ago

One of the packages i had said to start them in total darkness. The first year i tried them, i didn't read the package and didn't get many either. The next year (last summer), i used the darkness trick and got lots, as you can see!

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus