Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marciaz3

Garden tour day

Pouring rain, thunder, high winds....

But i got an early visitor who saw it all before the rain - ljpother and his wife stopped in.

Gotta go - storming.

Comments (9)

• nutsaboutflowers
    12 years ago

Boy oh boy the weather this year is sure trying people's patience. Of all the days for you to get a storm!

Will they reschedule?

That's pretty cool that ljpother and his wife were there =:)

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

I repeat: Mother Nature sure has a twisted sense of humour sometimes. :( But nice of Jim and his wife to come out. :)

• gerry1
    12 years ago

After some awesome sunny days we had much the same here today. Sorry you had weather after getting your garden all ready for the tour. Hope you can reschedule giving others a chance to enjoy your beautiful garden.

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I don't know about rescheduling. At this point i don't care! LOL There were five people who came. I don't know how many more would have come if it was nice out. We'll see what happens. And the delphiniums stood up! LOL

Yes, it was nice to see someone who posts here!

• north53 Z2b MB
    12 years ago

Ah that had to be disappointing for you. Glad you had a few visitors though.
    But isn't it one of those perverse things. My garden was looking so nice, but now that I'm going to have company this weekend, it's all gone to hell. I have a mountain ash laying in my new hosta bed from the first storm and yesterday's torrential rains and winds have caused every delphinium to snap off at the point of where I had staked them. Almost every clump perennial is splayed out. Even lilies have keeled over. It all looks a mess. Plus the forecast is for rain all weekend, so no time for anything to perk up.

• ljpother
    12 years ago

Marcia does have a nice "cottage" garden. There are lots of little surprises as you go around and through. Every time I looked around there was a plant I missed.

Marcia, if you reschedule soon, the flowers that were almost out should be blooming. :) It was nice to meet you.

Larry

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

Oops! Larry and his wife.........Lol

• savona
    12 years ago

After all that hard work and then the weather doesnt cooperate! At least you gave the garden a tweek and hopefully this will give you a little bit of time before more tweeking has to be done again. 5 people are a lot better then a no show....Jean

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It was a little more than tweaking, Jean! LOL I was joking about doing the haying instead of weeding. It was awful, believe me.

Thanks, Larry! :) It was nice to meet you. You must have run into the storm that hit us not long after you left.

As for surprises, well, i found out when the horticultural society started here that everyone seemed to have the "same old, same old" plants. Thanks to everyone here on the Garden Web, i found a lot of things that were different from what everyone else had. And thanks to winter sowing, i have a lot of other plants too. :)