Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Early blooming Mum

Posted by debbiecz3 z3MB (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 21, 12 at 12:22

My Firetail Mum is already blooming and its only mid July! Also some Oriental Lilies are set to bloom so guess it's kind of an early year for a lot of things. What are you finding with your bloom patterns this year?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Early blooming Mum

One of my lilies has bloomed - not sure which kind it is, but it must be one of the LAs or OAs or OTs, something like that. It isn't an Oriental, i know that.

Things are more on time than last year. Around this time, my lilies were finished last year but this year they're in all their glory. :)

o

Ya, what's up with the Mums ?

I bought one this year as I wanted fall blooms, and it's starting to bloom now.......

Good grief !

o

My orientals are just starting. I got out of my car the other day and knew immediately that one had opened on the other side of the yard, lol. They're pretty potent! Everything was early this year, although lots of them are suffering in this heat and lack of rain.

o

After the first round of blooming is over, if you trim the mum's back some they should continue blooming through fall anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here