Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My flowers are finally starting to bloom

Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 11, 11 at 13:12

With all the rain and cool cloudy days I thought this would never happen. Very slow.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My flowers are finally starting to bloom

Very pretty and obviously worth the wait.

What is the white one? I love unique flowers =:)

o

Man, the rain we have had, it's a wonder anything is blooming! Still nice to see some color! TFS

o

Honalee - What does TFS stand for? Is it an abbreviation for something, or just your initials?

I'm not in the 15-24 age group, so I'm not sure, LOL !

o

• Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 11, 11 at 19:07

Thanks. The white one is Edelweiss. I'm way past the 15-24 age so what does it mean. All I can think of is" That's for sure"

o

Very pretty! I didn't think edelweiss would be hardy in zone 3. I had them in Ottawa but haven't tried them here. TFS (thanks for sharing)

o

• Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 11, 11 at 20:26

I have had no problem growing them here without any special protection. Snow is about it. No mulching etc.

o

Yep. Thanks for sharing - luckygal. :) My daughter is the only person I text cause it is cheaper than long distance so she has taught me all the lingo.........or some of it. Most of the time she doesn't say it with much enthusiasm tho......I knew that was Edelweiss....but I just wasn't awake yet this morning....and kinda sick of the rain! And I still haven't had any luck finding a hundred breeding pairs of dragonflies! Nuff said. I don't recall seeing a title on this forum of Complaint Department....<:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here