Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jadedgardener

Garden Progress

jadedgardener
10 years ago

Hello everyone!
I've been on the forums for years, but I'm new to the far north, both in reality and on the forums. We moved from Michigan to North Dakota in the winter of 2009 and I've had to make a lot of adjustments in my gardening activities. I started with a small border in front of the house and have slowly been expanding. This year I added quite a bit to my front gardens and wanted to share some of my progress.

This garden is all connected and wraps around my front yard. I have expanded, divided, and spread some things out, so it doesn't look as full as it will in a couple years. There also isn't much blooming right now, but here goes.

This is the front, north corner. As you can see, I'm still working on it.

Long view of the north side.

Front, west, along the fence. The fence is down on one side since I need to revamp this corner.

North side, showing pathway.

Northeast corner with my swing, painted with our school colors:) The swing is purple, not blue, my camera apparently hates me.

Facing west from the swing.

East along the privacy fence, my swing is to the left here.

Long shot of this corner.

Bed directly in front of the house. We still need to paint our house, very badly.

My long-term goal is a small circle of lawn surrounded by lush gardens. I'm also working on a large garden around the pool behind that privacy fence. I'll upload some pics of that progress as soon as we get some gravel back there. Right now it looks like a war zone.

Anyway, click on the pics for a larger view and let me know what you think and thanks for looking!
Jenni

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor