Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soggy Garden

Posted by stanly Z03 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 19, 10 at 15:48

All this rain! Probably 90% of my lilies are not in bloom, my containers look like soggy messes, the weeds are incredibly large. Very frustrating but what can you do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soggy Garden

Don't forget the slugs. Anybody got some geese for rent

o

Try not to fret too much about your lilies. Mine just finally opened up 4 days ago. I was beginning to wonder if they ever would.

Even with the incredible amount of rain we've had, I've had to water my containers.

Weeds? After spending days picking a 5 gallon bucket of weeds each morning, I filled the bucket 3 times two days ago, and then got so fed up that I got out some roundup for the last batch of them! I only do roundup in extreme cases, but the words beginning to come out of my mouth were becoming more and more unlike what usually does when I'm in my garden =:)

Better weather will come !

o

I can sympathize. That was our last couple of summers!

o

It's been really wet here this summer. Just right now it's reached a nice level of being moist without soggy, but all June it rained almost every day and several of my irises rotted. I'm glad to report though that some of the irises that looked really sad have now put on some good growth instead of disappearing.

o

Geez, we have had the same here in A.K.It is so cool and rainy.My flowers and hostas are doing ok as long as I put the worry free slug bait out all the time.My veggies however are rotting on the vines.I have done a sun dance, but to no avail!!But, I'm going to keep dancing!hehe, Judy

o

I think a bunch of my lilies have got botrytis from all the rain which means I will be pulling out a lot of them. I've taken a bunch of pictures which I will try to figure out how to post later but just like you Judy, this weekend is the Big Valley Jamboree here in Camrose with Martina McBride, Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert and my favorite, the Oak Ridge Boys so I'm going to be doing some dancin and worry about the flowers after. Yee Haw!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here