Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hail storm yesterday, Anyone else affected?

Posted by kuzariprincess 3A (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 17, 08 at 18:34

I live in the heart of the "hail belt" in Calgary. I can't believe the fury of the storm yesterday and how much damage there is. Anyone else affected?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hail storm yesterday, Anyone else affected?

I was shocked to see the pictures on the news of the hail & flooding! That must have hit while I was walking home from the store yesterday, the clouds to the north looked very menacing with lightning & thunderheads behind it. It completely bypassed us. Lots of warnings on the weather network the past few days, the storms seem to just be skirting us.

How bad is the damage in your yard? Will things be able to bounce back with a little decent weather?

o

Okay here. Can't believe the number of hailstorms I have had this year though. On the other hand, none of them have been serious - two years ago, I had a massive hailstorm that pruned some of my trees to half their size.

o

Hey Shazam, I remember that hail storm too. the intersection near my house was flooded with 4 1/2 inches of water and people were rafting on it, really thats not an exaggeration.

Garden Chicken...I think my garden will struggle to come back especially with this weird weather. My tomatoes and basil are not only shredded but the leaves are frost bitten.

o

Who says we don't have waterfront property in Calgary? :)

Sounds like the south of Calgary got hit real hard a couple of nights ago.

o

Not in Calgary, but we had a hailstorm on June 22 that wrecked my lettuce and the first round of rose buds. Everything seems ok now though.

o

We're just over a Tornado warning, thank goodness it didn't happen.

We sure have had the rain this summer, only a couple light hail's but nothing damaging.

Sharon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here