Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nutsaboutflowers

Anyone Have Lily Blooms Yet?

nutsaboutflowers
12 years ago

I have 11 lily stems ( the 12th one I accidentally cut off) that are well on their way to blooming. I did a rough count and there's about 130 buds =:)

I've been waiting patiently ever since seeing Pudge's lilies in the bubble.

Does anyone have blooms yet?

Comments (18)

• shazam_z3
    12 years ago

They're just about ready to open.

Different varieties open at different times. I had yellow and orange ones at the old house and the orange always opened way before the yellow ones did.

• Laurie_z3_MB
    12 years ago

Yep, check out the gallery. I've posted some pictures in there.:)

• nutsaboutflowers
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lovely pictures =:)

I always forget about the gallery.

• northspruce
    12 years ago

I have about 8? just started blooming and many more ready to go any day. It looks like some of my orientals and o-hybrids are going to actually bloom this year - what gives?

• north53 Z2b MB
    12 years ago

Laurie, thanks for mentioning the gallery. Seems I've missed a whole month of pictures over there.
    Personally, I don't see why we need a different place to post pictures. So many gorgeous pictures get missed because people don't think to go there.
    Other forums on gardenweb just post everything in the same place.
    Okay, now I have to go back and slowly look at all the blooms.

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    12 years ago

I have a few just starting. Will be taking pictures tomorrow.

Marie, i think the original idea for the gallery was because there were still people on dial-up at the time and the page was really slow loading for them because of all the pictures. We have a conversations area too that no one converses on either. :>

• northspruce
    12 years ago

Yes I agree about the dial up issue, we weren't supposed to put photos here because some people couldn't load the threads. The conversations area was back from when they actually cared what we talked about here. It used to be really strict, nothing off-topic.

• Laurie_z3_MB
    12 years ago

The reason we have a picture gallery is because back a few years ago the threads on the main discussion page would go down so quickly that picture threads were hard to find after a couple of days. So a few of us got together and requested a picture gallery so that it was easier to find all that eye candy in one place.;)

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

Only ones blooming on Sunday in my yard are these NOID orange asiatics. But they sure are bright. :)

• luckygal
    12 years ago

Pretty, Honalee!

My lilies are still only buds. Always seems to take so long before they bloom as I'm impatient to see them. We need more sun/warmth, everything is slower this year.

• ljpother
    12 years ago

I have a day lily that's was done before I left and some Asiatics that were blooming. I'm probably missing day lilies that were budding when I came east.

The problem with the plant gallery is they delete the pictures after 8 months. I have some tomato pictures that I use for people asking about ws that have disappeared. It's a pain.

• northspruce
    12 years ago

Honalee, the orange ones might be Orange Pixie if they're a short plant. They're really popular for gift pots and often sold unlabeled.

• Laurie_z3_MB
    12 years ago

"The problem with the plant gallery is they delete the pictures after 8 months"

There are still pictures on there from 5 years ago. The only time they don't show up is when the person who posted it has either changed the picture or removed it from Photobucket or whatever photo site they use.

Honalee those are pretty and very eye catching!

12 years ago

NS - Orange Pixie is right in front of that one. They are smaller and not open just yet. I think that one was a potted one someone gave me for my birthday a couple years back. I did have a name for the red ones but can't remember now. Right behind those orange ones are 40 year old tiger lilies. I will post a pic when they open. A few around the yard are almost ready as well. Someone please do a sundance! If I wouldn't get dizzy, I would! Lol

• beegood_gw
    12 years ago

I have a few blooming but tons of bud and a few warm days and they shud be on their way.

• Pudge 2b
    12 years ago

Same here - my show is just about to begin. I love lily season!

12 years ago

OMG Pudge! I am waiting in anticipation right along with you!!!!!

• savona
    12 years ago

Drats!..no bloomers yet, but soon enough there will be. Pudge that looks like lily heaven..Jean