Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Martagon Lilies -- add more pics!

Posted by don555 3a (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 19:46

I planted 3 Martagon bulbs about 10 years ago (Mrs. R.O. Backhouse). The bed they are in is in deep shade now and they really need to be moved. Last year I think only one of the 3 bloomed, and then with only a handful of blooms. That seems to have allowed them to store enough energy for a nice show this year...
 photo Jul1213Martagon9b.jpg

photo Jul1213Martagon9d.jpg

photo Jul1213Martagon9h.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Martagon Lilies -- add more pics!

Stunning! If you need to move them I have a spot!

o

I have one that's about to bloom, probably by next week. It's going to look pretty much like that, too. :) I have three of them altogether, planted, oh, 6 or so years ago. One has one bud and the other has none. I might have posted pictures of them last year in one of the weekly threads in the Gallery.

o

• Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 21:07

I love Martagons. Went to the Martagon show at DBGs last Sunday and there was quite a lot to see. Would love a yellow one. There will be a bulb sale in the fall so will go looking for something different

o

Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 21:23

I don't know how to post 2 pics at once

o

Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 21:26

Another one

o

The bottom one is one of the ones I have. The picture is in the Gallery, in the July 1st pictures. Things were a lot further ahead last year!

o

That pink one in particular is a real stunner.

o

I'm fortunate to live less than two miles from a martagon breeder and yesterday we viewed his amazing show of tens of thousands of lilies, many of his own creations being most impressive :)

o

Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 22:10

WOW!!! You are lucky. Imagine seeing that many lilies growing.!

o

So lovely!!!!! Count yourself in as an enabler!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here